Guest Poet

The Pick Me Up/Good News Thread. Use it daily!

Kate - I'm not sure which of the Alex Rider jackets Phil did, but he did do most of the other Anthony Horowitz ones.

Lesley, I found a recipe for Haw Jelly :roll::lol::lol:

Lovely sunny warm day here - chosen a spot for my cran apple tree to go in and will plant it next weekend with some help. Made 2 jars of jelly form the berries that came on it!

Managed to get 10 minutes peace sitting in front of the roaring stove reading the papers - unheard of!

Deb13

I like the sound of the museum - what's it called? if it's close enough we'll have a day out!

It was in Dudley. Dudley Museum and Art Gallery

They have some great things going on in the area at the moment

We are off the the Christmas craft fair at the glass museum in December

Check out www.dudley.gov.uk/museums

I've just got through a very busy and frustrating Monday morning :twisted: , not a happy bunny here right now, and this is a really lovely, cheering thread to read, reminds me to keep looking on the bright side, loads of things to be thankful for, instead of focussing on the idiots that have caused such havoc for me this morning :shock::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rhapsody that is a lovely photo, and the thought of an Autumn picnic at a lovely spot like that is delightful 8)

Well I was up first, so I let the girls out into the freshly cleaned & fresh aubiose runs. A pleasure to see as they started scratching & dustbathing - kicking it everywhere! I was also greeted with 2 eggs in the eglu nest!

So we both had chucky eggs & soldiers for brekkie, with a cafetiere of strong coffee - luxury! :D

Did my work & ordered some diaries for 'special' customers.

I've just had 2 freshly baked pretzels for my lunch with some homemade leek & potato soup & it's now chucking it down with rain. :(

So I'll be doing a bit of ironing, make a 70th birthday card for my neighbour & then chill with a book & light the fire - I like it roaring!

Emma.x

Watching my girls getting stuck into dry layers mash after turning their beaks up at everything else has lifted a great weight off my mind. Also met a friend for lunch, which is always a nice thing to do and now I'm going to go and measure up in the garden to work out where to build a chicken run/wine bar for the girls.

Spent day at home with son as he was ill. Nothing serious but in need of lots of cuddles and TLC ill which is a treat for me as he's usually so independent. In the excitement of cube coming tomorrow I'd forgotten rabbits ruun converter was due today, so spent the afternoon piecing it together.

The bunnies are now bounding up and down their new run, they love it. :)

So from a ill start a lovely day has emerged.

:lol:

we had a PD Day at school today (professional development day) and it was run by Middlesbrough football club youth team (they normally run these days for children but today they did it for us.

anyway, our team won the task of who will be the new middlesbrough FC manager (could have been something to do with the chaos that we were causing and the fact theat I had a Boro tshirt on :lol: )

and we won a keyring and a notebook :D

really good as Boro is Kevs team, so he will have a nice pressie to come home to 8)

woooo hooooo :dance::dance:

we had a PD Day at school today (professional development day) and it was run by Middlesbrough football club youth team (they normally run these days for children but today they did it for us.

anyway, our team won the task of who will be the new middlesbrough FC manager (could have been something to do with the chaos that we were causing and the fact theat I had a Boro tshirt on :lol: ) and we won a keyring and a notebook :D

really good as Boro is Kevs team, so he will have a nice pressie to come home to 8)

woooo hooooo :dance::dance:

Nice to see someone winning something in a boro shirt:lol:

So who is our new manager!!!! Cathy, god knows we need one....Who are you going to sign first.........Will you get us promoted next year!!!!

Kev

After leaving the dishwasher at the old house, chookiehubbie finally succombed and let me get a new one for this house. Went onto the comet clearance website, and picked up a £300 dishwasher for £90 because it had 'multiple dents' on the front. It's just been delivered by the rather yummy delivery men that have delivered all my kitchen appliances over the past 6 months, which would surely be anough to put a smile on a girls face on a cold Autumnal morning, but when the dishwasher was unwrapped, it had two large dents on the front, which I've just pulled out with one of those things you use for car dents. :D:D:D A perfect dishwasher for less than half price!

Anyone want me to do their dishes for them??!

Yes please Chookiehen.

Oh there isn't any at the moment, maybe tomorrow - actually my good news is we had a bonfire party last night and one of my friends did the washing up before she left. How lovely is that?

Congratulations on your new dishwasher - and have you let the delivery men go yet?

Went to a fantastic bonfire night last night - and felt rather smug as i walked the 100 yards back to my house from the village common where the bonfire was that i wasn't one of the 100's of people who would now have to queue for ages in their cars to get out of the village! Oh - and Milo (the dog) wasn't to scared and didn't keep us up all night whimpering like he normally does! :)

And today walked Milo through the woods near my house and had great fun kicking through huge piles of yellow and orange leaves (am still a kid at heart!) I LOVE autumn!

Am also soooo happy with my rescue hens - they are just the loveliest, friendliest hens ever and the others have been nicer to them then i expected (though i do still wish Bramley would choose to roost in the eglu rather then on top of it or down the side of the back of the garage! :roll: )

This is a great thread - i don't spend enough time thinking about all the good stuff in my life. I just fret about the bad stuff normally! Is good to look for positive things - however small!