Guest Poet

The Pick Me Up/Good News Thread. Use it daily!

I had my weigh in last night and its only today that my brain clicked in.

IVE LOST 2 1/2 STONE NOW!!!

In just 8 weeks!

Oh and I've worked out my recent Ebay profits and I think I may get away without having to borrow money to pay the second mortgage (see post about eviction - its not cheerful!)

i made a gorgeous carrot cake using 4 of our girls eggs yesterday, just about to have yet another slice :oops:

the girls came out to free range twice today and were perfectly fine last night, not a peep out of them even when the really loud bangs went off, they're such good girls :clap:

also figured out how to add videos of my girls to my facebook profile so all of you on my facebook list, see what you think :D

right, time for cake!

i had 2 slices and i feel sick now! :?

it is lovely and very moist indeed... here's the recipe if you want it, dead easy to make, I used 2 tins and sandwiched it together with the frosting and then put the rest of the frosting on top and topped it off with pecans- I didn't bother with the orange zest or juice. Oh and i used ready made mixed chopped nuts, easier that way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/carrotcake_7464.shtml

i had 2 slices and i feel sick now! :?

Its the good news/pick me up thread remember? Don't go bringing me down! :wink::wink:

ooops! I had a cup of tea and feel a little better now, yay! ;)

Met my best friend for lunch today - hadn't seen her for ages as she's so busy with work and had been in Barbados for a couple of weeks. We met up at 1 o'clock and before I knew it OH called me at 5 to see what was for dinner :lol: . I looked outside and it was dark :shock: . It's great to have a bleather :D

I got woken up at 3:41am by Caitlin crying because the gales that we had last night (for a change.... :roll: ) had woken her up, and i couldn't get back to sleep once she was settled. Bad thing? Nope! Couldn't get back to sleep because the baby decided to wake up, and for the first time in this pregnancy I had a period of about 30 minutes with the baby doing a jig in my tummy. Lovely feeling, and put my mind at ease after a few stressful days. :D:D:D

Then I got up to an immaculate kitchen, because all the dishes are in the dishwasher - not sitting on the worktop or draining board!! :D

I have the weekend off :D Just finished working 12 days without a day off.

OH is away until Sunday which means I have the whole bed to myself :P

I am going to eat lots of garlicky food :lol::lol: OH cannot stand the smell or taste of garlic so we rarely have anything garlicky in the house :roll: