Guest Poet

The Pick Me Up/Good News Thread. Use it daily!

Great idea for a thread!

My good news, not earth shattering, but I finally got my new computers working super-dooper on Linux Ubuntu and they are great, had a bit of chew getting the graphics fully enabled but hey I'm chuffed. *thumbs nose at Bill Gates, and blows raspberry* :D:D:D

'Little Chickadee, is your Avatar the latest Cadbury add? you should suggest it to them it would make a great send up!

: :wink:

Kev.

How fab to read everyones good news! 8)

The OH & I had a lovely Saturday night as his best friend and God daughter came over to stay as is tradition for bonfire night/weekend.

We had vegy burgers, chips & salad followed by choc truffles - mmm mmm

The fireworks then went off, some 4 at a time - i think i was a pyromaniac in another life! :shock::lol::lol: (All safely though!)

Best mate and God daughter have just left and we are now plannng to do nothing for the rest of the day. :D

Great thread

Had a lovely day yesterday. Went to a museum that had a display of dinosaurs and Ancient Greek artifacts

Then went to a really good Bonfire and firework display at our local pub

When I took Harry to bed last night he said it was one of the best days he had had :D

Today I will finish my pile of ironing from when we were away last week :roll:

Had a brilliant day yesterday, whole family went down to Kent, had a massive bonfire (my cousin poured somthing highly flammable on it, more flammable than petrol, and guess what happened when he chucked a match on it.... 5 metre high flames! no one was injured)

Set of lots of fireworks, no-one minded as we were in the middle of no where.

Then afterwards we had a feast of soup, sausages, pizza, bread, chocolate cake, pavlova and more chocolate.... mmmm

I had a great day yesterday. We popped into Winsford for a few bits & bobs & went to Wetherspoons for a light lunch. Came home, played with the chooks then went my sister's farm for a bonfire.

Took treacle toffee & plenty of plonk.

Great big bonfire.

Had a lovely meal of roasted pheasant (freshly shot that morning).

Then back to the bonfire to toast marshmallows in the flames - great fun!!!

We later went out across the fields in the pick up with its remote control seasrch light - on a sort of safari - looking for owls etc. Saw a beautiful barn owl, a few hares & 2 badgers - plus lots of bats! Great fun, but on the way back the fog had dropped terribly!

Today, we let the chooks out then had a huge lie in & watched last nights X factor!

Emma.x

Emma.x

Had a brilliant day yesterday, whole family went down to Kent, had a massive bonfire (my cousin poured somthing highly flammable on it, more flammable than petrol, and guess what happened when he chucked a match on it.... 5 metre high flames!

What an idiot! :shock::shock:

We had to get the fire going somehow.... and he poured LESS than 100ml on it

Had a brilliant day yesterday, whole family went down to Kent, had a massive bonfire (my cousin poured somthing highly flammable on it, more flammable than petrol, and guess what happened when he chucked a match on it.... 5 metre high flames!

What an idiot! :shock::shock:

Still very foolish and dangerous Fred and completely against all the advice given by the Fire Brigade. 100mls caused 5 metre flames.

I rest my case. :lol:

Still very foolish and dangerous Fred and completely against all the advice given by the Fire Brigade. 100mls caused 5 metre flames.

I rest my case. :lol:

True, I wouldn't recommed it, but I had the hose handy. (which you should have at all times when letting off fireworks, having a bonfire etc)

5 meters was a bit of an exaggeration/size]

Edited by Guest

oh please guys, this is meant to be a positive, happy type thread-don't bring it down.

My good news is that DH has almost finished chook-proofing the garden so I may video their inaugural coming out party later and if you're good, I'll post a link to the video ;)

Just going to have left over spag bol sauce sauce on toast topped with cheese and browned under the grill for lunch- my hubbie invented the recipe while he was still student and it's delish!

Toast 1 side of the bread only while heating up your leftover sauce in a pan then top the untoasted side of the bread with the hot spag bol sauce, don't cover too thinkly or you'll make the bread soggy- then sprinkle with grated cheese and pop under the gill till the cheese is bubbling and golden.

:)

Mmmm sounds Tasty, might try that sometime :drool:

oh please guys, this is meant to be a positive, happy type thread-don't bring it down.

We are not bringing it down! we are just discussing fire safety at the same time! :lol:

then start a seperate fire safety thread! :)

Good idea for a thread Poet :D

I've had a lovely weekend! My stepdaughter and her OH and 3 of her children came yesterday to stay overnight and they've just gone home. Lots of cuddles from my 2 year old grandson; drooled over my 6 week old grandaughter; laughed with my 15 year old grandson who's voice is very dodgy and who thinks it's hilarious to take the mickey out of me 'cos he now towers above me! And some good girlie conversation with my wonderful stepdaughter who lives just too far away so now I'm missing them all already :( But a good weekend all the same :D:D

I think this is a great idea. Well I got my chickens today so my eglu is occupied at last! :D:D More details and piccies on the Chickens forum. Not sure how to do a link to it so won't even attempt it.

http://club.omlet.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15834 :)

Thanks for doing that for me poet.

Today's good news is that I have still got three chickens and this morning had two eggs, which we ate for breakfast :dance::dance:

Excellent idea but do feel like I'm boasting a bit but here goes anyway.

I'm having a great day today because...

I've made a sponge cake, loaf of granary bread, lunch and now a huge vat of soup. Also made popcorn with YS, his face was a picture as the pan lid threatened to lift off (it didn't or today wouldn't be so great)

Boys and I collected loads of leaves from the garden and put a large amount into the hen's run. I also hid lots of popcorn in there too as a surprise for our brilliant hens.

We've cleaned out the Eglu, s"Ooops, word censored!"ed the roosting bars and it's looking lovely.

OH has been attempting to fix a door onto my shed at the allotment so after a year of waiting patiently I may soon have a safe place to leave my tools!

And finally...

I've lost 5lbs so far this week following the Food Doctor Diet and still have another 2 days to go.

Hoorah!!

Fred wrote:

Egluntine wrote:

Fred wrote:

What an idiot!

Erm - dare I even say that my hubby used to make his own firweworks when his was a boy? Best of it is, he used to buy his chemicals from his chemistry teacher (how iresponsible is that) & then make his mixture in his mums kenwood chef!!!!!! :shock: How he ever managed to be here today to tell the tale is beyond me!!!! :roll:

Well todays nice news, is that we have had a clearout of our kitchen / back room & utility / pantry. Looks lovely now & next week we will decorate it & change the furniture round! Need to make extra space for Xmas dinner at ours!!!! So tonight will be glass of wine & light the fire! Ooooo lovely!

Emma.x

Feeling very virtuous and happy because I have given the girls a major clean. :angel:

I so love to see them luxuriating in the clean fresh Aubiose.

There isn't a cleaner Eglu anywhere...or there wasn't.... for 5 minutes. :?

It was a fabulous day....with that lovely Bonfire Night smell still lingering.

My good news is that DH has almost finished chook-proofing the garden so I may video their inaugural coming out party later and if you're good, I'll post a link to the video ;)

Just going to have left over spag bol sauce sauce on toast topped with cheese and browned under the grill for lunch- my hubbie invented the recipe while he was still student and it's delish!

Toast 1 side of the bread only while heating up your leftover sauce in a pan then top the untoasted side of the bread with the hot spag bol sauce, don't cover too thinkly or you'll make the bread soggy- then sprinkle with grated cheese and pop under the gill till the cheese is bubbling and golden.

:)

Have copied this to the Creative Leftovers thread.

I've had a lovely weekend too :) Went to Manchester yesterday morning, had wander around the shops and the Museum of Science & Industry, followed by an amazing Foo Fighters concert last night at MEN Arena. Slept well in a lovely hotel, then today went to the Lowry Gallery before coming home this afternoon - shattered now but happy :lol:

Popping out for a lovely indian take-away in a min to round the weekend off nicely :lol:

Friday I Carpe'd the hell out of the Diem- extricated teenage sons and Blackberry-obsessed husband from their repective screens. Piled them and 3 dogs into my tiny car and drove to unspolit jewel (Fering) on South coast. Warm and sunny beach with dogs running free everywhere, ate chips from the lone cafe on the beach and watched sun set over Isle of Wight. Enjoy the pic, doesnt do it justice.

zeus.jpg