craftyhunnypie

Our theory...People who keep chickens also..........

Have hen poop shoes by back door

and a dedicated chicken coat for those early morning forays to open eglu and put glug & grub out.

(or maybe that's just me?)

I have a pair of garden clogs by the back door for use in the chicken run. They get pooey on the bottom, but thats OK as Archie pup licks them clean for me.

Also have a chicken coat. One pocket of the coat contains a pair of gardening gloves for the removal of pecky, broody chickens from the nestbox. The other pocket has a torch in it so that I can shine it through the eggport to say goodnight to the girls :D

I want a head mounted torch so that I can see what I'm doing after dark and still have both hands free.

Should we be worrying about your nocturnal habits? :wink: I was checking neighbours garden for dog poo (mine - dog, not poo!) in the dark the other night - felt like a criminal but a head torch would've been handy!

My OH wants one of them for fell running (well, you want to be able to see what tripped you up when you fall down and break your ankle, don't you :lol: )

I can see a dual purpose already!

I have got an early Christmas present from Hubby- a red aluminium Maglite! He got it on offer at £15. It's so bright I can shine it out of my bedroom window during the wee hours so I can make sure my girls are tucked up nicely 8)

don't know what the neighbours at the back are making of it....

Oh boy, I have laughed out loud at some of these as I thought it was just us!!! DH has a helmet witha torch so he can see when inserting coils....(don't ask), I could try and sneak it out of the nurse's office, could be useful for night time "just seeing if they are okay, before I go to bed".

I want a head mounted torch so that I can see what I'm doing after dark and still have both hands free.

We got and LED one in Sainsbury's a couple of months ago. They were selling them off cheap (£4.99 I think). It is exactly what you need when you get home from work in the dark and they have already gone to bed but you need to do a head count. And you can even turn down the light so you don't dazzle them!

Milly

- has a digital camera full up of images of chickens :oops:

- gone past the phase of being embarrassed or annoyed when most of

family/friends/colleagues do this face - :roll::roll: when you talk

consistantly about chickens

Having seen the lovely pictures on this forum I've had to go and buy a digital camera. It holds more photos than the phone! (When I've worked out the technology I'll share them here.)

But if you don't talk about them how can you find out who are fellow chicken people? We've now got an informal "chicken club" at work so we can talk about chickens together.

Liz

watching TV and saying things like:

"That'd make a lovely piece of land to keep chickens on"

or

"Is that a chicken coop in the background?" and actually rewinding to check!!!