craftyhunnypie

Our theory...People who keep chickens also..........

Display abnormal behavior by:

Running out into the garden at some silly hour in the morning in just a pair of pants, in the middle of winter, with a bowl of hot mash.

Spending a lot of time on the net typing the word 'chicken' into google.

Soend all day drawing chicken pics for their young children and running round the house together impersonating chickens.

And the one about throwing another handful of pasta in the pan is defenitely common happening here too...

... keep thinking of buying a cube (for those who don't have one) and planning to get more chickens

:oops: I actually cooked pasta just for the chooks the other night :oops:

And the other way around - I keep thinking about buying an Eglu to make the introductions of more chooks easier! :D

Helen

I've given up my crocs because _everyone_ wears them now! I would move on to Birkenstocks but I just can't find them warm or comfy for winter!

Anyone else not really admit to having chickens in public? I now have 2 'shameful' pastimes - I'm chair of my village gardening club and I have chickens as pets!

Jo

I've given up my crocs because _everyone_ wears them now! I would move on to Birkenstocks but I just can't find them warm or comfy for winter!

Goodness, I could never give up my Crocs, & I am confident in the knowledge that even if there are quite a few around now,I was FIRST!

Anyone else not really admit to having chickens in public? I now have 2 'shameful' pastimes - I'm chair of my village gardening club and I have chickens as pets!

I am loud & proud about my hens & tell everyone, from the Tesco cashier to the Argos delivery man :lol:

Actually,the Tesco cashier got some hens of her own after I told her about mine :wink:

Chickens as pets has to be one of the few pastimes you really should shout about - its progressive,green & a whole lot of fun too :wink:

- has a digital camera full up of images of chickens :oops:

- sings to their chickens

- feel guilty going on holiday without their chickens

- gone past the phase of being embarrassed or annoyed when most of

family/friends/colleagues do this face - :roll::roll: when you talk

consistantly about chickens

....think that everyone else is interested in chickens ie; cashiers, milkman, postie...

....bore everyone at work or wherever with chicken photos (I actually forwarded some to myself at work so I could show everyone our hens, I'm worse than a baby-bore)

....keep trying to come up with reasons that will persuade their OH's that they need more chickens (and not succeding so far :evil: )

spend too much time in the garden not actually doing any gardening

Mrs Bertie

.....replace photo of grandson with photo of chickens as the background to

my mobile phone :)

..... Spend ages in pet food stores looking for new treats for chickens

..... Get so overloaded with eggs give some to man who came to read the

gas meter

..... Find oneself deciding that an immaculate garden and lawn was far too

much like hard work anyway

:D:D:D

Tessa

... fall on the 'reduced veg' trolley in Waitrose with delight, and then find themselves explaining to the cashier that the limp and bruised lettuces at 15p aren't for me, they're for my CHICKENS! (Oops, did I mention them again?)

... yup, I too shout 'CHICKEN' at the most inopportune moments

Pretty much all of the above plus :

walking around making clucking noises

Give chicken feed priority before getting breakfast for husband.

Marvel at how an egg is formed

happily give away eggs to people who are then subjected to a lecture on the befores and after of the battery hen.

and so on and son .......