The Dogmother

The Weather Thread #2

We had thunder and lightening and then a massive hail storm last night.

Looks good so far for the may queen fete-cloudy but blue sky peeping through.

Edited to say-its just started raining!! :lol:

Edited by Guest

Sunny when I got up but it quickly turned cloudy. We had a very heavy downpour that seemed to last ages but now the sun is out. White clouds are scudding across the sky really fast, but the breeze isn't as bad as the other day. From the news forecast looks like Wednesday onwards should be nice for us all.

Yesterday was hideous on the whole but I managed to clean the cube out in torrential rain :roll:

There were a few sunny spells later on but very short lived.

It's pouring down again today. That's enough rain now thank you! :(

I might have to get the rayburn going again at this rate... got piles of washing to dry :roll:

Yesterday we had some heavy showers, but it brightened up a little in the afternoon. The breeze picked up too and nearly blew Cheyenne off her feet! Rained again later. Today was sunny again at first but the showers have been on and off most of the time and it is still quite windy. :(

April showers and sunshine .... in May.

Stepdaughter is getting married on Saturday and we are having a barbecue for

40 hangers-on on the Sunday.

Please :pray: please :pray: please :pray: let it be sunny :!:

I'll :pray: it's sunny for you if you pray its dry for me :lol: I don't much fancy moving if it's tipping down.

I'll pray for you both :D

I am fed up with rain now :roll: the sunny spells are too short to do anything and it is so wet everywhere there is no point in trying to do any gardening and all this rain although it making my veg grow the weeds are growing twice as fast and I can't get out to pull them up and it won't be good weather for hoeing for ages :?

i just about managed to clean out the Eglu in a dry spell earlier, now I need to go and pick some asparagus at the allotment and it is clouding over again :roll:

We have had over 40mm of rain since Thursday night :shock:

It's been such a mixed day here. Right now it's wall to wall blue sky but we've had some horrendous showers. At lunchtime the wind suddenly gusted really strongly and it started lashing down. I popped out to check that the door of the WIR hadn't blown shut but could only see 8 out of 9 chickens. I started searching for Foggy whilst getting drenched but couldn't find her anywhere. I went in to dry off and wait for the sun, which sure enough appeared 10 minutes later. The other girls had come back out but there was still no sign of Foggy. I was really worried, until i got the corn out and she appeared from behind a bit of wood propped up against the compost bins. I should have looked there as it's a really good shelter, thank goodness she turned up.

Sunny first and I sat and watched the hens in the warmth. I watched the cotton wool clouds grow and I thought "oh oh - here comes the rain" - which it did about half an hour later - a few spits. After that it looked threatening and the wind picked up again. This afternoon has been lovely.

April showers and sunshine .... in May.

Stepdaughter is getting married on Saturday and we are having a barbecue for

40 hangers-on on the Sunday.

Please :pray: please :pray: please :pray: let it be sunny :!:

I'll :pray: it's sunny for you if you pray its dry for me :lol: I don't much fancy moving if it's tipping down.

I'll pray for us both.

Happy moving.