Yolky Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 eggs? What is your fave way to eat your gorgeous eggies. Well of course in a cake is always good but I just had my fave lunch, todays freshly layed eggs (thanks girls) poached but still with runny yolk, on wholemeal toast with some HP sauce. Delish! I have not got in any tenderstem broc or asparagus as what I had is even more delish with that added to it. Hows about you? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 Poached is my favourite too Scrambled is my least favourite, but I love eggs in all forms they are so versatile Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackrocksrock Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 Scrambled (lightly), poached, boiled with soldiers, fried with bacon in a buttie but with runny yolks. In fact most ways and also souffle with cheese/courgettes. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chooklady Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 I think poached are my favourite to. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
katieadams Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 Eggs benedict - muffin, spinach, poached egg, hollandaise sauce - yummy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
redhotchick Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 In a cake Just joking I like them poached or baked with cream. Wholemeal toast with marmite to go with them. Yum! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ygerna Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 Poached, with home baked ham slices, on an English muffin with a generous sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper. Its the best. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
poachedegg Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 Guess what my answer is goin to be?!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 Fried ? I love them poached with runny yolks . It's so awful, I have to have one every morning on my diet . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
carrie Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 Poached (runny) on a slice of toast, love eggs benedict too but nothing beats a poached egg. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
purplefowler Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 Fried, as part of a full english, to me it is the food of the gods! Has to be runny to dip my sausage, fried slice and black pudding in.Mmmmm, I'm hungry Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
poachedegg Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 Think I'm winning!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 Scrambled with hot buttered toast and tomato sauce on the side. No tomato sauce? No scrambled egg! Adore fried egg, chips & beans too! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 Fried, definitely fried Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 I love fried egg on toast Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ClaireG Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 The favourite in our house is lightly scrambled on toast with some nice crispy bacon on the side. Like The Herd i have to have tomato sauce, DH has to have brown and DS likes BBQ or brown! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
purple hen Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 poached or scrambled on a toasted muffin, delish Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sunshine Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 I have never made/tasted a poached egg With all the comments on here about how they are everyone's favourite i will have to try making one soon. I love scrambled eggs with lots of butter on toast and you can't go wrong with a boiled egg and soldiers. Emma Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 I don't really like eggs much Weekends I have the yolks of two semi firm boiled eggs in a sandwich with lots of salt. The whites are YEUCH! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sunshinesupernova Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 I'd tried and failed loads of times at poached eggs. They always went stringy like spagetti in the water. Been ages, but I tried again last week - using fresh, newly laid eggs from my own chooks. Well - RESULT. Very easy, complete sucess and so very very tasty. Must say though - I like my eggs scrambled - no milk / cream - only a little butter and until not quite set Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
poachedegg Posted June 9, 2009 Share Posted June 9, 2009 The best way I have found to make poached eggs is to break the egg into a bowl - boil water in a pan and when the water is boiling, stir the centre of the water with a whisk, creating a 'whirlpool', then tip the egg into the whirlpool and it forms the shape from the whirlpool. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted June 9, 2009 Share Posted June 9, 2009 Poached! On toast. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kitbag Posted June 9, 2009 Share Posted June 9, 2009 Boiled egg and soldiers!! Sounds very childish but so so nice!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Milly Posted June 9, 2009 Share Posted June 9, 2009 It depends how many I have had of any one kind.... I like poached, it's like a soft boiled egg without the worry of getting shell in it. But I think my favourite is cheesy egg - omelette or scramble with parmesan or strong cheddar mixed in. My latest favourite is cheesy egg with spring onion snipped into it. Milly Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted June 10, 2009 Share Posted June 10, 2009 although I love poached eggs, I think fried egg and chips is the ultimate in convenience comfort food Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...