Popcorn

Missed you guys...

Hello everyone....

Just needed to pop into the Nesting Box to say hello. I've been so busy doing everyday chores and trying to catch up with things that have been left for past 6 months, (decorating etc :roll: ) that I've not had anytime for forum luxuries. But I've really missed you, and do think about you such a lot and wonder what I'm missing and how you all are.

I am going to try and read up on what I've missed over the past 2/3 weeks and try to keep up a bit from now on. I hope you are all well, and it's been nice to receive the odd PM/Email from people, and I apologise if I've not returned them.

Our hens are blooming! Thelma went through an awful moult, she looked oven ready for weeks, but now she is sporting a whole new batch of gorgeous silky black and green feathers and is back to her former glory.

We've got a problem with a cat/fox deterent that the neighbour is using - the ones that let off a high pitched noise we aren't supposed to hear, but we can! - and it's affecting the girls laying. We've not had many eggs since he had it fitted on the other side to the fence where the hens are. We're now in the process of deciding where to re-house the hens in the garden and it's the worst time of year to do this as everything is muddy and yucky.

On the Stefan front - well, he's rolling over and pulling knees up now, he's got two teeth coming through at the front AND last night he slept all the way through the night - HURRAY !!!!!!

I've not felt this well rested in months and months.

I'm weaning him this week. He's had his baby rice for a couple of days and I'm just steaming him a carrot for his dinner.

All good fun here! :D

That's all for now.

My best to you all

xxx xxx xxx xxx

Hello Gina - lovely to hear from you - everything sounds great (apart from the neighbour's deterent thingy). I'm only recently back myself having been very busy with other things.

Why don't you ask your neighbour to move his sonic thingy - have you told him that you can hear it? - if you tell him you can hear it and ask politely whether he could move it to a different part of his garden it may save you having to move the girls?

Why don't you ask your neighbour to move his sonic thingy - have you told him that you can hear it? - if you tell him you can hear it and ask politely whether he could move it to a different part of his garden it may save you having to move the girls?

I haven't plucked up the courage to ask him about it Red because we're already causing them a headache. We're having our garage knocked down and we're extending the house. They've got a small conservatory on the side of their house which as been attached to our garage....so you can imagine the distruption it's going to cause them. They are lovely neighbours and have been very good about things, and I was trying to avoid any more upset! Maybe I'll ask now you've suggested it. Can't hurt can it! :?

Lovely to see you Gina - can't believe Stefan is old enough to be on baby rice already - he'll be dragging you down to Burger King for a Double Whopper before you know it!

Your neighbours sound nice and understanding Gina - I'm sure they will be fine about moving it - they probably don't relaise how it affects you.

Glad to hear you and baby are doing well - do pop over to the Green Things section and let everyone have an update on the nappy - disposables v reusables debate. How are you getting on with the Bambino Mios?

Oh dear.... :cry: ...I have to admit, we are using disposables. I found it so difficult keeping up with all the laundry or any housework at all with my caesarean. Bending and lifting were just not an option. However, I am using the next best thing. The 70% bio-degradable ones. I'm hoping with baby No.2 I'll be better prepared and can use the Mio's.

Talking of C-Sections though...I had no idea of the state I'd be left in. I'm going to need to do some serious sit-ups soon :shock:

Emma - we haven't had plans approved yet, but I am looking at accessories already! Much to Darren's :roll:

Jackie - good to hear things are going well. The only exercise I did when I was pregnant was walking, so you're doing very well.

Thank you for all your lovely welcome backs too. So lovely.