Lesley

Diagnosis at last!!

Oooo poor little love.....and that's just for the Saturday night in A&E...what a nightmare :shock:

Could have been worse! - it could have been the night before....New Years Eve :shock::lol:

..is physio etc needed or just rest & staying off it?

Both - they booked a physio appt. for Friday but now she has a permanent physio who is due to visit tomorrow anyway.

The main problem will be school on Tuesday as there are so many stairs - she'll probably be able to use the library but will need help on the school bus.

I came out in sympathy with her last night - my knee went when I went to the loo in the middle of the night and I couldn't get back to bed......I had to wake Carl to help :roll: I wore little boots yesterday instead of my Crocs - I feel much better to be back in Crocs today, more shock absorbancy.

Does Lauren's school not have lift facilities, Lesley? I know T & O's secondary school had them fitted as so much of their school had classrooms upstairs. When I was on crutches, I used to be allowed to leave lessons a few minutes early to avoid the crushes at doorways at the changeover times. Would Lauren's teachers consider giving her a little extra time to get to where she needs to go? A friend also used to carry my bags for me to make life easier. Good luck to her on Tuesday. I hope that things aren't as difficult for her as they seem at the moment.

Look after your knee too!! Keep those Crocs on :wink: .

She should be back at school tomorrow Emma but the physio has said she can't go until she's been seen on Friday, so she'll have to have work sent home.

The physio turned up with equipment for her next set of exercises - a wobble board etc. :lol: - none of it could be used. She was a bit :shock: that Lauren's knee wasn't immobilised and she's worried because the stress through her hands, elbows and shoulders when using crutches is not good for her.

She has an MRI scan of her head on Thursday to see if there's any reason for her headaches and if there are any signs of epilepsy as they haven't decided whether Lauren falls for some reason ans dislocates joints on the way down or whether she dislocates a joint which causes the falling over. Her grandad is epileptic so she has to be checked.

Then, she has her follow-up appt. re the latest injury on Friday.

The permanent physio has made the next appt. for Monday - and will see her at school :dance:

Apart from wishing everyone a happy new year on 1st Jan, I haven't been online until now, so have only just read about Lauren. I am really so very sorry Lesley. It must be such an awful blow to Lauren and the rest of the family and very distressing for you. What a brave little girl she is.

She is, and she's still smiling. There are worse things she could have and that is how we all view it.

I have mentioned a wheelchair a few times but I think her Daddy is against it - I think he feels it would be like admitting that she has a disability :? - he's got to get there in his own time so I'm trying to keep quiet.

Lauren's school closed early today so hopefully it won't be open for a couple of days and she won't be missing anything.

Aw Lesley, poor Lauren, what a trooper she is, thank goodness!

Glad her school is shut so she doesn't feel she is missing out on her first couple of days back.

How is her knee coming along? It must be so frustrating for her. Does she have friends who visit her regularly and "keep her in the loop"?

Lauren made it to her follow up appt. this morning. It was with physio rather than the ortho. docs..

The physio was appalled that her knee hadn't been immobilised..........so guess what? :roll:

She wasn't too keen on the MRI head scan yesterday either :roll:

I'm sure she'll soon cheer up :D