Lesley

Diagnosis at last!!

Lesley. people with HMS/EDS3 often suffer from a sudden drop in blood pressure upon standing; i try not to stand too quickly otherwise the room starts spinning :roll: It's definitely a recognised symptom.

Her casts look cool, it may be awful that she's in them but she's making the best of it, i'm soooo impressed by her attitude, she's an amazing girl.

Lesley. people with HMS/EDS3 often suffer from a sudden drop in blood pressure upon standing; i try not to stand too quickly otherwise the room starts spinning :roll: It's definitely a recognised symptom.

Thanks for that Helen, we're sure that's what is happening, apparently, she stood up quickly because someone was coming up the stairs and she hadn't locked the bathroom door :? I spent all evening reading on the EDS forum (it depresses my daughter too much) to see what I could find. There wasn't much on it where I was looking (Children and EDS section) - I'll pop over to the HMS forum later. I'll tell Lauren that you have to be careful standing up as well.

Now that EDS3 and HMS have been reclassified I hope they'll have an amlgamated forum soon - and I can't get used to calling it BJHS :roll:

I did find the shoe that most parents recommend though - a Nike Ankle trainer......gives support for the ankles without being too heavy and inflexible. I could do with some of those myself, my ankles are really bad and I've been hobbling since Sunday - I only walked to the door to see Lauren off to hospital :roll:

:

I did find the shoe that most parents recommend though - a Nike Ankle trainer......gives support for the ankles without being too heavy and inflexible. I could do with some of those myself, my ankles are really bad and I've been hobbling since Sunday - I only walked to the door to see Lauren off to hospital :roll:

They sound really good. Does Lauren find them comfortable? Yes you ought to get some for yourself Lesley :) How are the ankles today?

Lauren hasn't got any yet - her usual school shoes are pretty substantial nad still fit at the moment.

My ankles have been OK today, thanks.

The OT came today and sorted out ways for Lauren to sleep comfortably and will also be sorting out some of the school issues.

Thank you all :D - again :roll:

They all got back at 1am, just as we came back to the house after feeding the lambs.

It turned out that they'd been visiting friends and all Lauren did was to get back in the car! She said her shoulder hurt and by the time they'd driven the 20 mins home she was in a lot of pain. She had painkillers and tried to sleep but couldn't.

For some odd reason A&E was empty when they got there :shock: - it had been busy all day and early evening but at 10pm on a Saturday it was empty! The A&E consultant and radiographer were really good. Lauren had to have morphine to enable them to do the X-rays. They couldn't see what was wrong - it wasn't a fracture but they couldn't see a dislocation or a sublux. They knew it was out but couldn't see where and how, they can't manipulate if they can't see exactly what has happened.

The morphine and painkillers meant that Lauren had a fairly comfortable night and she appears to have been able to put her shoulder back this morning. She has been shown movements to try and do this but it's not always possible if there is a lot of pain.

Be careful with that big hug H, you never know what it may do :lol: