patsylabrador

What a fool

Yesterday I saw a blorange woman on the icy pavement teetering along on stiletto boots, with an enormous bling bag in the crook of her arm, raised up as they do. She tried to look glam but it didn't really work. Why do they do it?

Blorange = dyed blond hair/orange skin

Dyed black hair/orange skin

I haven't yet worked out one for the strange dyed red hair/orange skin combination

Oh yes! MERRY CHRISTMAS! :wink:

I can barely walk on our pavements in snow boots at the moment, but every morning ladies seem to be able to walk along it at a good pace in stiletto heels without apparent problem. I guess the heels dig in and provide a bit of grip, but I find it impossible to believe that it can be at all safe to be wearing shoes like that!

Me - Crocs, wellies, trainers and walking/snow boots every time!

Love "Blorange" :)

I've been wearing walking boots all week (luckily they said we could come into work wearing jeans for the rest of this week, after it snowed again on Monday). I still fell over last night. :(

I'm now sporting a big bruise on my hip, but luckily I'm well-padded, I was more concerned about the two bottles of Prosecco in my bag, as I'd just been shopping! Despite crashing to the ground with me, they survived.

This is 'Footballers' Wives' territory, lots of blorange women around here! and yes, they are still teetering in stiletto heels, I don't know how they do it - but then I couldn't walk in them anyway.

I wear heels to work but they are Clarks common sense stocky heels with a rubber sole - fasionable on the surface, proper grip underneath :D

I have not only seen the type of ladies described (my work overlooks a shopping centre so I can people watch) but also some scantily clad :shock: time to break out the vests girls!

I'm so pleased to find other women (just checks back - I think it's all females who have responded so far) who can't wear high heels either. Magnum work boots, crocs, earth shoes, mbt's and hiking boots here too, and I finally found evercreatures wellies to fit my fat calves.

Cybill Shepherd once said "I think at a certain point in a woman’s life, she does have to choose between ugly shoes or ugly feet." That's so me - I put it on my Facebook page.

P

Oh, what a great quote! :lol:

I spent my teens and twenties struggling to wear fashion shoes and puzzling over why my friends seemed to be able to wear them. Strange to say, I just hadn't realised that I have very wide feet, and most shoe-shops sell a standard 'D' size which were just too narrow for me.

I love shoes, but have accepted that I'd rather have comfy feet than be fashionable. My shoes may be ugly, but at least I'm smiling!

I am at least an E fitting too and none of the fashion ones are comfy - hence I have never been able to wear them - I too opt for comfort everytime and to hang with what it looks like - flat comfy shoes are great - ecco's Caterpiller shoes are the best and crocs and flatties.

I hate seeing people perched on top of stilleto heels It seems to put their posture all wrong

Crocs, Converse or Uggs for me.

Can't remember the last time I wore anything else,although I do keep a smart pair of black shoes & boots for funerals.

My youngest has just left the house in shorts.........with thermal tights top,but short shorts nonetheless.

When my eldest & her pals got stranded in the snow & had to trudge towards home,one of them was in ballet pumps :shock:

It is definitely comfort, practicality and warmth for me. I DO wear high heels sometimes, but only if DH is driving and we only have to stagger a few yards to where we are going.

Otherwise it is walking boots, wellies, Crocs, snow boots, biker boots, trainers or anything else flat and comfortable. Plus the thermal undies, warm jumper and trousers - how on Earth do the folks avoid suffering from exposure when they go out in this weather in a vest and shorts?

Yesterday I saw a blorange woman on the icy pavement teetering along on stiletto boots, with an enormous bling bag in the crook of her arm, raised up as they do. She tried to look glam but it didn't really work. Why do they do it?

Blorange = dyed blond hair/orange skin

Dyed black hair/orange skin

I haven't yet worked out one for the strange dyed red hair/orange skin combination

Oh yes! MERRY CHRISTMAS! :wink:

Brilliant - my OH is going to love this thread.

Wellington boots for me for the past 4 days ! :lol:

I might have my black hair & bling handbag, but I don't have orange skin or ever wear stilettos! I simply can't walk in anything higher than about an inch & a half! :lol:

I've been out in my warm snow boots - very flat, comfy & sensible. :D

I suppose the blorange had hipster jeans, with thong showing & a gap of bare skin between her jeans & jacket? :roll:

Emma.x