Old Speckled Hen

Wild bird food

http://www.wildbirdfood.uk.com/acatalog/Bird_Section.html

Here you go OSH. This is also where I get my dried mealworms for the girls.

Typical though I have run out of wildbird food :doh: so they are getting some of the girls mealworms and mixed corn at the moment.

Aha great minds :D:D:D

That's just where I've ordered mine :D

While I'm at it .................. does anybody sell Garvo online?

http://www.wildbirdfood.uk.com/acatalog/Bird_Section.html

Here you go OSH. This is also where I get my dried mealworms for the girls.

Typical though I have run out of wildbird food :doh: so they are getting some of the girls mealworms and mixed corn at the moment.

Aha great minds :D:D:D

That's just where I've ordered mine :D

While I'm at it .................. does anybody sell Garvo online?

Not that I have found :(

I have some out of date Omega 3 seeds (for adding to bread), from Julian Graves, do you reckon they wild birds will be OK with those?

Just adding aswell, that Mr Robin, my resident Robin is loving the mealworms :dance:

I was just wondering if it's ok to give wild birds layers pellets made into porridge? :think:

I know it's not designed for them but do you think it would do them any harm as a one off?

I was just making some for the girls and it seems a shame to leave the wild birds out when they're so hungry...

I feed all the mash that my hens leave to the wild birds and they love it.

I always have to make sure anything I give to the wild birds is placed high up, preferrably dangling on a string, otherwise I find that it attracts rats.

Have just been inspired by this thread to make some fatballs for the garden birds and some of Redwing's home made pecking blocks for the hen's whilst I was in the mood.

I have given out of date Julian Graves seeds to the hens before now, and they have gone mad for them. Am wishing I had some in stock at the mo. :D

The place i get my chicken feed from also does all sorts of other stuff - liked rolled oats and mixed grain - both in 20kg sacks.

I read that the chickens like rolled oats so bought a sack of that and also the mixed grain - both approx £10 for a 20kg sack.

I compared the mixed grain with the wild bird feed i buy from the garden centre at extortionate prices and guess what - its the same stuff - so its shared to the wild birds as well.