Redwing

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy...!

I could never understand people cycling round the park with their dog in tow or fast runners taking their dog. I jog through the fields with mine but I am very slow so he has time to sniff,snort and mark the trail. Dogs need to explore and they always go four times your own distance when you walk them. Otherwise you might as well put them on a treadmill.

When I was at Uni in Glasgow people used to put their dogs out when they went to work and they would be waiting for them on the step in the evening :( having spent their day in a pack avoiding the traffic.

Sometimes (and this newspaper article is one of them) I can't understand why people have pets - particularly dogs, which need to much interaction.

There's a woman who 'walks' her dog in the park at the bottom of my road. I used the verb 'walk' in it's loosest term.... she has her headphones in her ears and stomps around, dragging her dog after her and cussing at it to do its business, apart from that, there's no interaction between her and her dog/the surroundings. The dog growls when anyone, or any other dog approaches it. It is a lovely border collie; one of the most intelligent breeds, so it woudl need a lot of mental stimulation and human interaction - they are a one person breed.

A couple of houses down from me drive to the woods near the post box and let the dog out there. :roll: Then they drive back up. Now Jlo knows how close the woods are - all of about 2 minutes walk away. :roll::roll::roll: For the sake of 2 minutes - why???? :?

Good grief - that is ridiculous!