Cooks

Horrible Accident in Lanarkshire

Any road accident is bad, but one involving children and school buses make the blood run cold :(:pray::pray::pray:

Here's a link with other rotten weather/accident reports http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1262468/South-Lanarkshire-bus-crash-leaves-schoolchildren-seriously-injured.html

We've gone back a couple of months with the weather conditions haven't we :anxious:

Sha x

Just seen this on the six o'clock news. What a terrible tragedy :(

Natalie is travelling back from Lanzarote tomorrow. She will be coming up the A9 tomorrow night by coach, 20 teenagers and 6 adults I am praying the snow gates are open and the roads are clear and safe :pray:

Thanks for the mention Chelsea. I heard of the crash on my way to work at 7.45. The motorway was fine but it was blizzard conditions and the side roads were bad. We have several young patients who attend Lanark Grammar and we waited for news. One of our docs from Lanark couldnt get into work but one of the nurses made it and said she'd seen the helicopter and several ambulances had passed her. By mid-morning we'd heard about the poor girl that died (not one of our patients) and also a patient (a local driving instructor) had been on the news saying that she hadnt let her son go on the trip. Apparently she told him last night he couldnt go as the conditions were so bad but Adam still got up at 4am and got ready as he didnt want to miss out. His mum put her foot down and under no circumstances was he going......they must be so thankful now!

A very sad day here :(

had been on the news saying that she hadnt let her son go on the trip. Apparently she told him last night he couldnt go as the conditions were so bad but Adam still got up at 4am and got ready as he didnt want to miss out. His mum put her foot down and under no circumstances was he going......they must be so thankful now!

I heard that on the radio this afternoon, Imagine their relief.

Nice to hear you are ok Fee. :wink: xx

It's so weird though.......I work 10 minutes drive from Lanark and we had horrendous snow and driving conditions.......I live 20 mins drive from Lanark and there is not a drop here :eh: .......it was like someone had drawn a line where the bad weather started and stopped!