Space Chick

Pet Details to be taken on the next Census

Has anyone else heard about this?

Apparently, they are going to be taking details on the number of pets you have when collecting data for the next census.

Sources close to the Prime Minister have indicated that this data will be used to help lessen the nations financial deficit by taxing people per pet.

An amount of £100 tax per pet, per year has been tentatively mentioned. Not too much of a problem for people with the odd cat or dog, but for people with dozens of chickens it could prove very costly. They have defined a pet as "an animal that lives in the home or the grounds of your primary or secondary home", so only rented fields/farm land is excluded.

Thought I'd share this with you straight away this morning.

Mods - I thought the nesting box would be the best place as it covers so many other sections (Chickens, my Family and other animals etc etc etc)

Oh my goodness how dreadful!!!!! :(:(:(

I`ll have to pay 6xchickens=£600

2xdogs =£200

2xcats =£200

How much were they asking for children?????

What a disgrace!!!

I`ll have to emigrate :shock:

On a similar note I heard on the radio that Shakespeare could have been French :?:?

What is this country coming to????? :shameonu::shameonu::lol:

I am quite proud to be someone who's post was deleted. I am normally a total sucker for April Folls etc, but I spotted it :dance:

I fell for the one about road tax on BBC Breakfast this morning, well I presume it was a joke because I haven't heard it anywhere else and OH said what date is it when I told him :oops:

:? Why was my post not deleted then - as I added more fuel to the fool suggesting the new breed of hens and spray on camo' :eh:

Because I thought it was true. Er, I mean, a good joke too, but didn't give away the other one.

Years back at work we offerred a spray for changing plastic sheet colour, which we supplied to industry. OH felt terrible when some customers seriously tried to order samples & he had to tell them it was a joke, it really backfired.

We'd even said the offer ended at midday on April 1st, but at least half a dozen people didn't realise. :oops:

Happy anniversary Debs, that was a great one.