Charlottechicken

Who has the heating on?

Not on here yet, although I had it serviced the other week, and have brought the logs and kindling up nearer the house. Having said that, I'm not in during weekdays except briefly at lunchtime when I just pop a jumper on, the heating is on low at work at the moment, but one of the secretaries wears 'fairy clothes' and would rather burn fossil fuel than compromise her fashion sense :roll:

I sleep with the window open unless it is really arctic out there and like to snuggle under my lovely goose down duvet. I can't bear the heating on at night.

Valkyrie, try some Femarelle for those hot flushes.... took 2-3 months to kick in but it has revolutionised my life!

Ours certainly has not been switched on yet! And we have no fires, wood burners, or electric heaters either. In fact still sleeping with all the windows wide open, and in the evening the big back door is wide open!

I am also a member of the "Put a Jumper On" brigade :D

I'm aiming to hold out till November - see what the weather does!

Most years we don't have the heating on regularly until November.

We lit the woodburner a couple of times a couple of weeks back, but haven't needed to since because we have had some warm evenings. I was hot in bed for the first couple of nights of this week, it was 16 degrees outside :shock:

I was brought up to wear more clothes if it was a bit chilly, shame to use both money and fuel unless it is really necessary. I am someone who hates to be cold and really feel it, but I love warm clothes, it takes a lot to get me out of my jumper come spring. :lol:

I hate heating at night, that's where the woodburner really works, because the lounge is toasty and I can dry washing in there overnight, but the bedrooms are cold. I love to get into a cold bed with my warm hubby and my Beddy Bear and snuggle under the covers, with fresh air around me. Our small bedroom window is always open.

Laid my first fire of the year last night - it was really worth knocking the extra bricks out of my hearth, the height above the stove allowed the hot air to circulate much more effectively. No heating for us yet, I still twitch when I remember what our gas bill was like last winter (our first in the new house of no insulation). I've since added tons of loft insulation, reflective boards behind radiators, new curtains, blinds and shutters at the front of the house, so I'm hoping it will be a cheaper winter. Poor baby looks like an eskimo in three layers.

Well, I'm going to amaze you all and say I have had my heating on a couple of times already :shock: Some of you may remember last year I said I wasn't running the heating at my old house and it was only about 8degC in the lounge and was indundated with lots of replies (some rather aggresive and some even saying that my house may even fall down as it's bad for the house (had stood for 250 years by that time, most of which with no heating at all :wink: ))

Well....now I'm on my own and can decide when I put the heating on with "Ooops, word censored!"ody to tell me off, I have put it on a couple of times, when it's felt really chilly, usually my fault as I'm a fresh air freak so have the stable door open in the kitchen all day, and into the evening then the temperature suddenly plummets! Those who've visited me know I am really on top of a very big hill and exposed to all the weather and the winds so it can be a lot colder up here than in the valley bottom!

I usually just use a blanket and put a fleece on, but have succumbed a couple of times to the central heating, when they old joints have been complaining. I also run the gas powered stove in the fireplace and find that to be very efficient.

Cor Omletina - why would anyone be aggressive over something mundane as heating! Some people eh? Well, you won't get that from me - teasing to the nth degree most definitely! :lol:

Thanks for the tip Claret - I'm going to pop out tomorrow and pounce on Boots. :D Then it will just be OH snoring that disturbs me and not the flipping of the bed covers every hour or so.

I love the bedroom window open - I like feeling that gentle breeze on my face. Also I like to listen to the rain or the wind, very soothing, but it gets closed when it's really cold at night.

In fact still sleeping with all the windows wide open, and in the evening the big back door is wide open!

I sleep with my rooflight wide open too unless it is raining (as my bed and head is right under it). I love the fresh air but under a duvet I feel warm. The heating comes on in the morning though if it is cold enough.

Not yet - although at night I'm still getting my hot and cold sessions so the covers are on/off/on/off all night long! :lol:

:lol::lol: me too, I dont like the fact that I'm hot one minute and shivering the next!!

No heating on here yet but, we do have the Aga on so background heat all the time. Just had chimney swept so multi burner ready to go :D

Well, I'm going to amaze you all and say I have had my heating on a couple of times already :shock:

ooooh Omletina - you rebel :lol::lol::lol:

ive just put the heating on :D

im wearing a jumper and im cold!!

Piperkit is cold too :( i know cos she is tucked up in her bed :D:D )

so now - heating is on - electric blanket is going on the bed tonight too :D:D

cathy

x

Mine will come on when we are ready.......I am not part of the stoic jumper wearing brigade I am afraid.

Life is too short to spend it chilly and uncomfortable,I like to be warm and will flip the switch in the next few weeks I an sure.

Plus the daughter,who has poor circulation,has already developed a chilblain on her finger,the poor thing.

Softies the lot of you! My room is 19 degrees at the moment which is fine as long as I have a cardigan and socks on.

Well, well. My heating comes on alright but it is set at 19 degrees, so now I feel less guilty!!! It must be colder up north. :wink:

Ok you're not a softie, I take it back :lol:

:lol::lol:

It's chilly out there tonight, just taken the dog out for her last comfort stop and it's clear as a bell. I have graduated from my summer duvet to the 'light winter' one, which is poly-filled and about 10tog. I have just hoiked a thin wool blanket out of the airing cupboard to go over the top. At this rate I'll have the big winter duvet out in a couple of months.

Will have the cat to cuddle tonight if he's cold! :lol: