Charlottechicken

Who has the heating on?

Pretty toasty here without heating :D

Sun's been out all day so far, so solar gain has taken the temperature in my kitchen right up to a heady 18 degrees, and I've line dried a whole machine full of washing too! Went out for a 2 hour walk this morning to the local charity shops and wore gloves for the first time, they definitely helped keep me warm. I've also got 2 pairs of socks on as I've dug up all the potatoes left in the garden this afternoon. There's a throw on the bed over the duvet and I've got the fleece nightwear out :D

So far the house isn't going mouldy so I'll put the heating on when I really feel I need it but not before.

Pretty toasty here without heating :D

Sun's been out all day so far, so solar gain has taken the temperature in my kitchen right up to a heady 18 degrees, and I've line dried a whole machine full of washing too! Went out for a 2 hour walk this morning to the local charity shops and wore gloves for the first time, they definitely helped keep me warm. I've also got 2 pairs of socks on as I've dug up all the potatoes left in the garden this afternoon. There's a throw on the bed over the duvet and I've got the fleece nightwear out :D

So far the house isn't going mouldy so I'll put the heating on when I really feel I need it but not before.

You are doing well - I have the electric convector on - mind you am sitting with foot up as sprained it last week and the swelling always is up at night as I do too much on it !! thats another story.

We have the oil tank sited and ready and the oil pipe is in the trench - trench filled with water and unable to fill above it with sand and then fill in as been too wet = lounge carpet was up and just managed to get it down today - had carpet man as we needed under it for a hatch and the kitchen and utility have no flooring as needed under it to sort out pipes - new boiler (yes OIL) is going in starting tomorrow - I have stuff everywhere and its a reall muddle but cannot wait for the boiler to be commissioned and the oil comes tomorrow Our previous heating was multifuel mainly wood and was usually out by morning so by doing this and next year putting in a wood burner in the lounge which has no fire meantime - just rads I hope things will be better in the winter and NO soggy towels- my daughter is arriving with the baby on saturday and still loads to do = if I only had not sprained my ankle!!

we are toasty in bed with the window open and a wool duvet on the bed - no elec blanket but like a hot water bottle at my back to keep it cosy and I love my bed.

It's still not too bad here. Today the wind was from the north and DS said he kept having to open his bedroom because it got hot, and then close again because it got hot - yo yo windows I think. But when I put the girls to bed it seemed much warmer and the wind direction had changed - and dropped too, so it feels fine tonight. Only a few days to go before October.

We held out until November last year and DS and I were set on trying to get to December, then DH ruined it by confessing he'd put the heating on one morning :evil:

Will try and hold out until November again, we go to Florida in October so I'm trying to stay in summer mode, but as YD comes home from Aberdeen while we're away I'll probably come home and find the house like a sauna :roll:

I will admit I'm not finding it easy at the mo and I'm rivalling a market trader clothing wise :lol:

Him Indoors has let the side down and turned it on, breaking his 'not before the 1st Oct' rule. :roll:

*tuts* Typical!

Perhaps you'd better make him a blanket too :wink:

The heating is on at work today, but not at home yet - the house doesn't feel cold. I will switch it on low when we feel cold, but it's set at 19deg, so it doesn't get too warm.

I'm actually warmer now in my unheated house than I have been all day at work, where the heating isn't on either and the temperature was higher. I thought I would have to cave in and put the heating on as I was cold when I got home (no heating on in the car either, just cold air on the screen) I've been in the garden for half an hour with the chickens and am now warm!

Can't wait for Friday though, I'm ridiculously excited about not putting the heating on till October.

Anyone who holds out until November, please let us know how you do it.