Charlottechicken

Who has the heating on?

Well mine has been ticking on and off a bit now... more off than on though :D

I have set the thermostat to between 15 and 16 degrees (15.5 I suppose!) just to keep the chill off the air. I am happy to keep warm by wearing jumpers and eating hot food/drinks. Got a bit chilly at lunch time so popped outside to dig the girls run over - they ate many worms and I warmed up a treat. A winning combination! :lol:

it went on at the weekend, we had friends to stay, we are used to the cooler temperatures, wear extra clothes etc, Ive been lighting my fire some nights last week. BIL fitted a pole above my draughty from door & I now have a heavy curtain hanging over it :D

The last storage heater switched on last night and the one in the kitchen turned up slightly. It has turned very cold here over the last few days and we are forecast snow on Wednesday.

OH chopped up a big pile of Oak barrel staves at the weekend for burning on the stove so the weather can do its worst.

I have the heating on morning and night with the hot water, but the thermostat is turned right down and it didn't kick on this morning. It was only 6 degrees outside, but the house was still warm from the woodburner last night and the lounge is really toasty still. The sun is shining too which warms this house no end.

I have the heating on morning and night with the hot water, but the thermostat is turned right down and it didn't kick on this morning. It was only 6 degrees outside, but the house was still warm from the woodburner last night and the lounge is really toasty still. The sun is shining too which warms this house no end.

Exactly the same here! The heating is set on half (on a scale of 1 - 5), just to keep the underfloors warm.

i don't blame you Blackrocksrock, if I lived where you do my heating would be cranked up too.

I have no heating on here because the sun is streaming in, but I will light the fire just before the children come home and the heating will be on to warm their rooms.

My cats have chosen to sleep on our bed today, the coldest room in the house because the small window is open and the north wind is coming in it is only 12 degrees in there and I have tried to explain that there are plenty of much warmer places like where I am now, but they are stupid. :lol: I don't think that they can believe their luck that the door was open :roll:

I put my warm winter duvet on last night - down-filled one. Warm as toast last night :D I like the room to be cool and my bed to be warm; always sleep with the window open.

Me too,nothing nicer that a hot bath them snuggling into a clean quilt in a cool crisp room. :wink:

We have our wool duvet on and sleep summer and winter with window open = snow last night and would not have known it in my bed when I woke up as was really cosy and warm. I hate to sleep with the window closed.

We have our wool duvet on and sleep summer and winter with window open = snow last night and would not have known it in my bed when I woke up as was really cosy and warm. I hate to sleep with the window closed.

I've often wondered, are wool duvets washable or dry cleanable? I'd love to have one, but I get our duvets laundered before they are stored when I switch over from season to season.

I use the wool one 12 months of the year - it gets a bit hot in really hot days but then we use just a light cover and leave down the duvet - they are best dry cleaned but best just aired regularly and not done often. It was a bargain in the days I bought ours as they have gone up a lot but are readily available in hot as ours is for our climate up here or lighter or all seasons which snap together.