Charlottechicken

Who has the heating on?

I've always wanted a woolen duvet after seeing them on the dream farm show with monty don - didnt know they existed prior to that.

Just checked that link....and might have to see if I can afford next wednesday (payday) as that seems an amazingly cheap offer price. thanks!

When I started looking at them I wanted one of the Baavet ones but didn't want to spend loads incase we didn't find it any good. Wonder if they were the ones on Monty's show :?

Oh, and Dawsons sometimes have money off codes around as I got our King size one for £54. Worth looking on MSE and elsewhere to see.

I'm tempted by the wool duvet but as ours is fine it would be a bit wasteful.

Our heating was on this morning from 6.30-7.30. I found DD1 in her bedroom with the window wide open! I was not happy. I think I'll turn her radiator off and lock the window. I don't know how a child of mine can be so hardy. She still wears her summer dresses at home when it's about 17 degrees indoors.

I've always wanted a woolen duvet after seeing them on the dream farm show with monty don - didnt know they existed prior to that.

Just checked that link....and might have to see if I can afford next wednesday (payday) as that seems an amazingly cheap offer price. thanks!

Cally stop posting and looking at links.... you should be resting or asleep. I've read your posts since birth and besides the fact you are obviously superwoman you are making me feel very inadequate :lol::lol::lol:

we have candles in our lounge and on warmer winter days they will warm it up a treat so no need for a fire :D

Babies and 18 degrees, I have to think that's all a bit odd, my grobag egg thermometer tells me we're too warm in here with the fire, but I still feel cold! How could a lil tiny baby not feel chilly too?! *makes note to chuck thermometer into bin and just go with what feels right*

I caved in and let OH have it on for an hour last night (i felt guilty for shrinking his fleeces),

Had to open the bedroom window though and turn the rad off, can't stand stuffy rooms.

Oh, our bedroom window is still open at night and the rad is never on in there unless it's baltic and needs a warm in the day. I'll go around tonight turning the rads off I've put on today as well.

I caved in and let OH have it on for an hour last night (i felt guilty for shrinking his fleeces),

Had to open the bedroom window though and turn the rad off, can't stand stuffy rooms.

Oh, our bedroom window is still open at night and the rad is never on in there unless it's baltic and needs a warm in the day. I'll go around tonight turning the rads off I've put on today as well.

We also sleep with the window open all year round - shut it in the morning and open it when OH comes to bed - I like it shut in case of flying insects when I am reading my book! Like the rest of the house toastie though!

I go away for three days and OH burns all the wood I've brought in and doesn't bring in any more! What a rotter. Now I have to try and light a fire with damp wood. Grumble.

Haven't been able to find a big fireguard yet, so we've mostly been lighting the fire after madam has gone to bed at 8.30, but she doesn't seem to have any interest in it when it is lit. Obviously we would never leave her unaccompanied in the living room when it's on, but I'm a bit bemused given how much she likes playing in the hearth when the stove isn't lit.

I'd be giving him a stern lecture!

We made a discovery on Tuesday when it was bitter here. Despite altering the thermo the house wasn't getting much warmer. There is a dial on our boiler from 1 to 5 and I have no idea what it does. It was at less than 1 which OH said must have happened by accident so he turned it up (to 4). Not sure if its a coincidence but we do now have a warmer house. And scalding water so I've turned it down again.

Think I've missed out this thread :lol:

Not meee :D

We don't really have heating in halls, just rubbish old electric radiators that don't work - the kitchen is cold 'till the ovens on. The windows here only open a couple of inches + I normally sleep with it open 'cos the air goes all rank + stuffy if not.

Someone put the radiator on with a towel over ... set on fire ... evacuate + get the fire brigade!