alligg

Lost all 3 of my lovely girls

I went out this morning to take the girls their mash and I found Olive and Marge out in the run with their heads missing,it was awful to find them like that,when we came back out to remove them we found Flora buried at the other side of the run with no head.

I'm guessing it was a fox,we have had them over a year and a half and never had any signs of foxes as we live in town near a main road.

I feel so sad that it happened and I don't feel like I want to go out today or see anyone.

Thank you all so much for your kind words

we have a wooden coop which has a small run then that is inside a big open run so when they come out in the day they can free range.it must have happened early morning as they were already up and about as the door was open for them to come out.we did not hear a thing which is even more strange.I have never known foxes to bury the bodies either.

every time we go past the kitchen window we look out expecting to see them scratching around then knocking at the cat flap.

Oh how sad for you.

Foxes store their food in caches (buried for storage). They will kill all the chickens at once and then go back and forth to their cache with as many as they can carry. They will only leave the dead chickens if disturbed in one of their trips.

Best of luck for the future xx