Old Speckled Hen Posted February 1, 2011 Share Posted February 1, 2011 Anybody tried this http://www.police.uk ? You can put your postcode in and see what crimes have been reported in your area or any other....useful for househunters. According to BBC News "The Home Office said www.police.uk was receiving up to five million hits an hour, or some 75,000 a minute." I'm not surprised Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted February 1, 2011 Share Posted February 1, 2011 I've been trying to get onto it but I think it's struggling to cope with the traffic! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted February 1, 2011 Share Posted February 1, 2011 It is, apparently. The number of hits have caused it to crash. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BarbaraJ Posted February 1, 2011 Share Posted February 1, 2011 I had a link earlier and wondered why it didn't work lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted February 1, 2011 Share Posted February 1, 2011 I reckon someones nicked it cos I cant get in either. I am quite glad as I would start stressing Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted February 1, 2011 Share Posted February 1, 2011 Luckily we don't apear to have crime in Scotland so I'm not bothering to look . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gongladosh Posted February 1, 2011 Share Posted February 1, 2011 it doesn't look staggeringly 'official' does it? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janepie33 Posted February 1, 2011 Share Posted February 1, 2011 So Danni - you are the one overloading the system!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Old Speckled Hen Posted February 2, 2011 Author Share Posted February 2, 2011 So Danni - you are the one overloading the system!! What with my broadband speed? No crime in this street unless you count conspiracy to oust my cockerel Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
welovemarmite Posted February 2, 2011 Share Posted February 2, 2011 i happened to be wide awake the other night at 2am, just after they had released the site, so whilst reading the news i came across it. No one on it at 2am!! so it worked perfectly. It was very good. No crime round here..... i did check the local town as well and my home town. Anti social behaviour seemed to be the highest thing for crime. And it was accurate as the drug dealer that lived in my mums street was on there... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted February 2, 2011 Share Posted February 2, 2011 Interesting that you can drill right down to your street. Wonder what it will do for house prices, especially as there are articles in today's papers stating that the figures are wrong Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Old Speckled Hen Posted February 2, 2011 Author Share Posted February 2, 2011 Yes, I heard that on the radio this morning Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted February 2, 2011 Share Posted February 2, 2011 Article on the site in The Times today. It says it was taken down yesterday,and is also said to be inaccurate. I still want to see what it says about my area though! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Old Speckled Hen Posted February 2, 2011 Author Share Posted February 2, 2011 It worked for me just now. It doesn't recognise my area but I have found 237 crimes in the half mile radius where my daughter lives Edit to say I found my area and it has a zero crime rate Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted February 2, 2011 Share Posted February 2, 2011 I've just got on too and have 0 crime rate. I'm still locking my doors though and setting the alarm Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted February 2, 2011 Share Posted February 2, 2011 83 crimes in a 2km radius of my house in December, but none very close. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
keyhole kate Posted February 2, 2011 Share Posted February 2, 2011 Very Interesting reading not surprisingly the areas I knew to be a bit dodgy are those with the most crime thankfully none near me and my road dosen't even get a mention Very helpful to those who dont know the area and who are considering buying property. I will be checking this site periodicaly though to see if the trends change Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sadietoo Posted February 2, 2011 Share Posted February 2, 2011 Hotbed of criminal activity here ....a total of 19 of which 6 where burgalry 7 antisocial behaviour 5 other crimes and 1 vehicle crime...better remember to lock the car tonight then.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
grracee Posted February 2, 2011 Share Posted February 2, 2011 We live in a tiny town & I looked on there today and there was 18 crimes here. Mostly anti-social behaviour... doesn't surprise me In a town about 10 mins away there was 32 crimes just from December.... alot of violet crimes, robberies etc! Surprising really! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted February 3, 2011 Share Posted February 3, 2011 Nothing to report in my village Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted February 3, 2011 Share Posted February 3, 2011 I'm not too sure how they can say it's accurate. An area on the other side of town, which is notoriously bad, has nothing according to this website On the other hand, if it is correct, its good to know my road is very safe as there are none here. But, then again, I know there have been thefts from cars and a house, which have not been shown. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daphne Posted February 3, 2011 Share Posted February 3, 2011 Our local paper religiously notes every single crime - there's not a lot although there was a murder in a nearby village and a couple of serious shop robberies, but mostly its anti-social behaviour and small theft. Anyway, one memorable headline read 'Shed broken into, nothing taken' Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted February 3, 2011 Share Posted February 3, 2011 I have to say that when I lived in a crime hot-spot in south east London I didn't have any problems at all. Within 3 weeks of moving to Banbury my car was broken into twice Having said that, I've had no problems since and our street is very community orientated so we all look out for each other. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Omletina Kyckling Posted February 3, 2011 Share Posted February 3, 2011 .... alot of violet crimes, oooh the mind boggles, does this involve people spraying gentian violet at people?! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
grracee Posted February 3, 2011 Share Posted February 3, 2011 .... alot of violet crimes, oooh the mind boggles, does this involve people spraying gentian violet at people?! Please excuse my terrible typing!! **violent Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...