chestnutmare

please help me with my morehens disease!

Space Chick - I'll be moving your way soon - you best watch out for chookies going poof in the night. They might just end up in my eglus! :whistle: I have ultimately serious morehen breakdown disease at the moment & it's only the fact that I'm going to be moving that is stopping me. Once moved & settled, hubby will not know how many we have from one day to the next - plus ducks, guineas, pigs &..... :shh: (secret animals).

Emma.x

I'll help you shop for pets :dance:

Morehens is a deperate condition and seems to have become more virulent and agressive in recent months. I have been keeping 3 chickens quite happily for around 17 months and then 3 weekends ago THIS HAPPENED!

LittleDotarrives1.jpg

Silkie, Lilo Lil and baby Partridge Wyandotte Little Dot, just happened. I don't know how, they just came into my posession.

This disease is frightening.

Resist RESIST!

I must say as a newbie or even pre-newbie I have been swotting (is that the spelling?) up on the chicken knowledge on here only to be disturbed to hear about this seemingly local disease. Oh yeah ,ha ha I get it (more than I thought)

Would you believe that only after such brief and remote exposure on here (and not even a whiff of one real hen yet) I have caught it too....so am now plotting to squeeze a fourth ex batt into my soon to be hen-eglu. Yikes contagious or wot?

Another one bites the dust :lol::lol::lol:

Beware of sudden onset, symptoms can lay dormant and then suddenly break out :shock::shock: . I went to the Bakewell show just to show some eggs :whistle::whistle: .............

and I came home with 5 new girls :anxious::anxious: .....

how did that happen :think::lol::lol: .

Space Chick - I'll be moving your way soon - you best watch out for chookies going poof in the night. They might just end up in my eglus! :whistle: I have ultimately serious morehen breakdown disease at the moment & it's only the fact that I'm going to be moving that is stopping me. Once moved & settled, hubby will not know how many we have from one day to the next - plus ducks, guineas, pigs &..... :shh: (secret animals).

Emma.x

Debs is 2 hours away but I know where she is so pick me up and we can borrow Tegan ;)

I've seen a few Alpaca round here Emma :drool: and I can get some lambs when I go Lambing :mrgreen::wink:

Morehens is a deperate condition and seems to have become more virulent and agressive in recent months. I have been keeping 3 chickens quite happily for around 17 months and then 3 weekends ago Silkie, Lilo Lil and baby Partridge Wyandotte Little Dot, just happened. I don't know how, they just came into my posession.

I can see how Silkie, Lilo Lil and baby Partridge Wyandotte Little Dot came into your home. They are lovely :mrgreen:

My Other Half and I were suddenly struck down at the weekend. We went along to our local supplier only to discuss when she might have Orpingtons available this year. She has buff chicks, so not old enough to sex for four months! We found ourselves suddenly afflicted with Morehens disease and came home with another Rhode Rock and a very gorgeous Pied Suffolk :shock: we are feeling better now!

Not sure when....one condition was that I wasn't allowed to buy another coop/hen house!!

But I'm not too bad at building things...and have panels from an old rabbit run that can be used!! I'll start working on it at the weekend!

I think two, maybe three...depending on how well the house goes!! :think::lol:

I can't decide on colours!!! :doh: They're all so beautiful!! It's so difficult to choose!

I was about to start listing the ones that caught my eye...then realised I'd listed most of them :oops: ...so I may have to do some more research before I decide!!

:dance: