chestnutmare

please help me with my morehens disease!

Due to my latest hatching, it appears that my Red Sussex cockerel is fertile, but my Red Sussex hen is not :( .

After mentioning this at my poultry club meeting on Tues night, I appear to have "acquired" anotheranother red sussex pullet :roll::lol::lol: .

However did that happen :shock::whistle::whistle:

After loosing Margot in November and Mittens a few days ago, the Eglu and run had room for two new girls. So, off we went to Pages Poultry this afternoon and collected two new big girls; a Speckledy which we've named Ninja and a White Star which we've named Chixxer.

We waited until after dark then bunged them through the eggport once Anna and Aggy were already in bed. Just been to check on them and there's some chicken jenga going on in the nesting box!!

Heaven help us tomorrow morning - all hell is going to break loose when Agnes and Anna realise they've got new sisters!!! :lol:

Hi all, I have caught the bug, got two new hens this morning, hybrids again - Lohmann Brown, 22 weeks old and are called Aggie and Izzie. Photos to follow. A bargain at £10.00 each.

That didn't take long :lol::lol::lol:

I'd love to get two more but my coop is not really big enough at the moment (note phrase at the moment !) but I do worry about the expense of getting a set up to introduce gradually. Whats your plan ?

...went to our local farm/pet suppliers on Sunday where our original girls came from to pick up some more feed for all the assorted furries and featheries, and he had a pair of lovely dark (assume meant to be black, they're a bit more charcoal-grey at the moment!) Silkies in a run ready to go...

...Meg and Mog are now settling in nicely after an amazingly pain free introduction to the bigger girls :lol:

They're a bit quiet at the moment, but assume they'll come out of themselves as they settle in. Matilda, the buff Orp had a bit of a pop when they first free-ranged together, but they seem quite chilled out now - caught them both snuggled up to her last night when I went to shut them in for bed...

I'd always said I wanted either Silkies or Pekins, so how could I resist their funny little faces?!