patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

Theres a new Vets thats recently got planning permission approved around the corner from home so have just written a letter to send about future work experience/a job and to see when they're planning on building it :D

Similar thing happened a couple years ago with a different vets, got planning permission and they'd nearly finished converting the building but hadn't started getting the fittings and quipment.

I went up for an interview and got a weekend job to start when the opened but then the recession hit and they couldn't afford to finish it and get the staff in!

Fingers crossed this one is successful :pray:

DD is NOT getting colours from her school for netball nor hockey, because she's in the B/C teams & only the A teams are getting them :evil:

How is this motivating? The girls are understandably upset and angry. they've all tried really hard for the school, DD has played in a match almost every Saturday since she started there in September and this is the thanks they get.............ooommmmm!

ES 16 has new laydee friend round - tall willowy brunette - very pretty and shy. Oh how times change - my mum would've had the best china out for tea and cake and the Spanish inquisition. Some spotty yoof would have been perched on the sofa craddling mums best china. ES forbids me to do this - oh was I tempted - you bet - no they are in his room on the computer with a glass of coke. YS is at cub camp - so to celebrate my 50th last month I am having friends round to "come dine with us" without the marking. Cheating a bit as got meze from supermarket, made the Moussaka and Cyrpiot salad and a friend is bringing Baklava for afters. YS was put out and said "oh you;ll be having fun while I'm away" - too right sonny - gonna party like its 1969 :shock:

An extra 45 minutes was added on to my journey time due to engineering works. Now an extra 25 minutes has been added on due to "emergency engineering works". I got on the train at 7.08 and it is now 8.40. I would normally be in London by now. :roll: To make things slightly worse a load of noisy football fans have got on. At least in first class the tea and coffee is free.

Gah! My patience is wearing thin!

On 6th March I ordered some vacuum cleaner bags from one supplier on Amazon and a replacement filter from another seller. I received the bags after a couple of days but the filter hasn't turned up so I contacted the seller at the end of last week... no reply to my message via Amazon, so I sent another one today. Now I've had two responses (one to each message) both standard responses that they can't do 'owt until the order has reached a certain date, when they can launch an enquiry.

I'd have thought that more personal apology and a replacement order would have been better customer service.... well it's what I'd do anyway. I have tried calling them but there's just an automated message at their end, no actual person to speak to, nor way of leaving a message.

Hmm, hope they sort it out soon!

Had a reeally good weekend at the Edible Garden Show :D

Will post some photos up iab

Started lambing at the Uni farm yday, wasn't meant to be in but one of the girls was ill + the other refused to go. Had to finish my Dissertation Research Plan, done for 7.30am then had to hand it in at 9. Had lectures, 4 hours sleep then lambing again tonight, tired!

Gotta do 5 nights this week.

Getting annoyed with 2 of the girls, let us down with a couple hours notice then it always seems to be up to be to cover the night on my own :evil:

That doesn't seem fair, Lewis :evil: . I bet it's noticed that you're always stepping in, though. Brownie points galore to you 8) .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, the Uni application process is done and dusted for YS :dance: . Finally heard from Edinburgh (rejection) and Dundee (unconditional) but he's chosen Stirling and has formally accepted 8) .

I'm still puzzled as to how he got 2 rejections and 3 unconditionals when he had the entry requirements for all and a really good PS :? .

Well, the Uni application process is done and dusted for YS :dance: . Finally heard from Edinburgh (rejection) and Dundee (unconditional) but he's chosen Stirling and has formally accepted 8) .

I'm still puzzled as to how he got 2 rejections and 3 unconditionals when he had the entry requirements for all and a really good PS :? .

Congrats. ES has finally received 2 offers for Medicine which is a huge relief. He now has to decide which to take and also get the grades :anxious: