patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

I wrote a letter to a Vets round the corner from home last week, who've just had planning permission re-approved.

They emailed me back saying they've no extra info or when it may be built but will keep my details + be in touch ... nice they replied but bit strange they re applied for planning permission after the old one expired if no plans to build it any time soon :think:

Horse Health practicals this afternoon, bandaging legs!

And have arranged another 2 days work experience at the Vets for next week :D

Inice they replied but bit strange they re applied for planning permission after the old one expired if no plans to build it any time soon :think:

It may be that they can't get the bank to commit. Having built a new hospital recently I know it is like getting blood out of a stone getting the finance for this sort of thing. We experienced lengthy delays.

OOh dear - suspect our postman will favour USA way of posting mail in future and fling it into front garden. Did another boob today - flung open front door when the doorbell rang and said grinning stupidly "hallo darling" only it wasnt OH (who never takes his keys) it was a very dishy postman who had a parcel for us. :oops: Giggled stupidly and said "soree thought you were my husband" - poor guy - might report me for sexual harassment - its not the first time I;ve done this either - when will I learn.

OOh dear - suspect our postman will favour USA way of posting mail in future and fling it into front garden. Did another boob today - flung open front door when the doorbell rang and said grinning stupidly "hallo darling" only it wasnt OH (who never takes his keys) it was a very dishy postman who had a parcel for us. :oops: Giggled stupidly and said "soree thought you were my husband" - poor guy - might report me for sexual harassment - its not the first time I;ve done this either - when will I learn.

:lol::lol:

I'm back from my first ever horse riding lesson :D I absolutely loved it!

Lambing at the Uni farm again tonight ... be strange 'cos the clocks go forward! :lol:

Bought a (orange eglu), just need to go to essex + collect it.

Grumps doesn't know but I want to steal his car for the weekend to get it :whistle:

How you feeling now LCL bit sore? You know you have to fall off 7 times before you can say you can ride :D

Ooh Lewis what are you going to put in your eglu? Grumps wont mind losing his car bet you have him wrapped round your finger :D

Don't know tbh :angel:

Think I'll use it for broodies 'cos is a Rablu but just got it 'cos it was cheap.

Thought about selling the Go 'cos not the biggest fan of it but have plans to attach that to my Cube run to use as a pekin breeding pen over Summer ... so probably keep both! :lol:

Can't believe I've not been on here for sooo long....(5 days :shock: )

Loads of congrats outstanding.....well done LCL, enjoy the accolade, you must be worth it :wink: ....Uni applications, well done too :clap: .....fuel consumption down Clare, even with a teen on board :wink::clap: ....and Lewis is addicted :anxious:

My DD spent the weekend looking at Uni's......forward planning methinks.....she's 12 :shock:

DS spent hiss weekend gooing over his new buns :clap: .....pics will follow in due course :D

Have a great week everyone!

I'm really quite fed up today. My ED told me yesterday her second choice for work experience (she's in yr 10) has turned her down. It was in an IT company so would be sitting down pretty much all day. As she is in a wheelchair (with occasional crutches) we thought this would have been perfect. I don't know if her being in a wheelchair is why they have turned her down, and I am waiting to hear from her school about this, but in this day and age I sincerely hope it isn't. She is heading for an A* in her ICT GCSE and has an interest in computers and programs so is ideal for it. She has one other choice (who I have forgotten who they are) but if they say no as well, what does she do? Not to mention what it will do to her self esteem :(

I am sorry to hear that Karin, I do hope that she finds a placement soon.

Just as an aside, we regularly take in students on work experience, but as we are in an old building with stairs and no space to install a lift, we have had to turn away one student who was disabled. Happily we were able to refer them to another local company that we know, which is in a modern building with excellent disabled facilities. I just wonder if this was the case with your DD.

I'd understand that, but she can get up and down stairs with her crutches, as long as it's not too many times in the day. The place is in an old barn (I'll PM you the web link) and appears to be mainly on one floor from the look of the photo. I could have it wrong though. The problem is, no one is saying "oh such and such would be able to take her on." There is a company who is doing all the necessary checks on the placements, so I would have thought they would know who is suitable. It's not as if she has gone for anything unsuitable.

Thanks for the link, I see what you mean. I'd have thought that the company organising the placements should really make sure that they are suitable for each applicant/placement student. I used to work in a similar role for a training centre in Oxford, one year one of the students was epileptic, with regular seizures; it wasn't too hard to find a suitable and sympathetic placement for them. In fact they ended up working there when their course finished.

Sorry to hear about that, BlueKarin. I am in Year 10 myself so I know how much of a pain it is trying to organise work experience. I've applied to four places so far, and only one of them has given me a one-week placement (I need two weeks). The others all rejected me after leaving me waiting for a couple of weeks :x . It's really disheartening. :(

I hope your daughter finds herself a suitable placement soon :) .

Finding work experience can be so hard!

I've struggled but been quite lucky; often its who you know, as well as what you know - is there anyone you know working in a similar field who could help?

What about an associated body/charity conected to it you could ask? When I was looking for lambing 5 years ago I emailed the National Sheep Association who sent me a list of all the farms looking for help, which was helpful :)

I'm at the Vets in Aber seeing practice tomorrow and Thurs but spoke to loads of vets (5 or 6) at home who all said no.

I emailed a big practice about an hour + a half from home, who we use for all the horses at work so I know 2 of the vets quite well and have been in with a colic'y pony, about going for a week in August...

They said they're full but I may be able to go, in August 2013! :eh:

Was listening to radio 4 this afternoon whilst tackling the mound of washing and the Afternoon play contained a lot of naughty words. Surprised its allowed esp as there are prob grannies and mums at home with little ones. Then the story progressed to a couple snogging and more and the sound of slurpy sort of noises :shock: OH came in and announced he thought I was cleaning the toilet :roll: silly man needs his ears syringing - I never make those sort of nosies when cleaning the loo. Had to laugh thou. Lovely day weather wise and got washing dry :dance: towels are a bit cripsy not as soft as tumble dried ones - but who cares when I have 3 males using them. Only little moi with soft skin :D

Was listening to radio 4 this afternoon whilst tackling the mound of washing and the Afternoon play contained a lot of naughty words. Surprised its allowed esp as there are prob grannies and mums at home with little ones.

I caught the beginning of a play yesterday I think, and they gave a strong word warning before it. I didn't listen to the play to see what R4 classes as strong words :shock: