patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

I'm volunteering for a project which is on a two acre lottie site and runs a club for disabled children. They have chickens and ducks there as well as poly tunnels, raised beds etc etc. I've mainly been looking after a little girl in a wheelchair today and put on of the ex batts on her lap. The little girls face was magical :D:D

Sounds good Claire :D

Lewis, have you been allowed to observe in surgery? sweet little poopies, make sure to smell their wee paws..... nothing like it!

Yup! Seen the usual cat and dog castrate + neuter's, sheep vasectomy, caesarean on quite a few sheep and a dog, foreign body removal from gut, lump removal, anaesthetising for X Rays etc...

Nurse got me to bandage a dogs leg, been syringe feeding a few dogs, ooh and I developed 3 X-Rays earlier too! 8)

Last couple days I've felt a bit more useful rather than getting in the way, which I guess is good!

Got a neopolitan mastiff in at the moment who hates men - I've been keeping out the way! :lol:

Just back from Lambing... quiet night so we got everything done and left early!

OH's exercise bike has a arrived and is sitting in its box waiting to be built. Cue big argument and a lot of :silenced: as we endeavour to put it together. he aims to ride it and watch summat on computer, I aim to catch up on Corrie or Benidorm or other educational viewing whilst cyling the equivalent of Scotland and back. We will see. made some hot cross buns sans cross as too lazy very yummy. Taking youngest son to see Titanic 3d this pm - cant stand Ms Winslet in 2D so 3 might push me over the edge. But hes been fairly good and deserves a treat and so do i.

lewis - life sounds excting although I wouldnt fancy being near the dog you mention you are a brave man.

Blue tits in the garden are vandalising my whirly washing machine - no nuts for you next winter you little :silenced:

Happy Easter guys and gals

havent times changed = comes to summat when ones 10year old says " mum don't forget to go to the toilet before we go its a long film" :shock: I dont have incontinence problems YET - hes probably worried I wont be able to find him again in the dark of the cinema and will end up sitting next to a total stranger :whistle: Honestly what are they like. Sad thing is he's right I would end up somewhere else as I have no sense of direction - might end up in the wrong film :doh:

ES went for an interview for a summer job last week (at Scottish Water which is just across the field from our house!).

Heard today that he didn't get it :( . It was his first ever interview and it sounded quite tricky (competency based questions :shock: ). He has no experience and doesn't have the gift of the gab so I suppose it's no surprise but they did say they really liked him (hope they meant it and don't just say that to everyone).

Back to the drawing board :roll: .

Had passport photo done yesterday - "Prisoner Cell Block H" springs to mind. OH said "wouldnt want to meet her down a dark alley" - you'd be so lucky mate. My last photo I got away with beaming and I have to say I look gorgeous (ok nice).

ES looking for summer jobs - he aint exactly pushing himself but got to get thro GCSE's first so not nagging too much.

YS was cleaning at his cafe job yesterday instead of waiting on tables. He told me he did a "deep clean" under the fridge etc - pity he couldn't apply this technique to his room :roll:

:lol::lol: I feel your pain.

Rosie is child minding again this morning and has to unpack her case and tidy her room this afternoon. She'd really like to go into town with her friends this afternoon, but it isn't going to happen unless those tasks are finished first.

Just back from a day in London with the fam :D

Went to see the Wizard of Oz... show was good, set was amazing with loads of flying and hydraulic revolves ... I thought Russell Grant was rubbish as the Wizard though! :anxious:

Had a busy few days, seem to have been everywhere but nothing too exciting to show for it!

Babysitting some ducklings for Tasha which are on their way to someone else, so they're currently splashing around in a washing up bowl :lol:

I think Tango has stung her paws on some stinging nettles, she was fiddling about in a patch of them earlier trying to hunt pheasants :roll:

This seems to be causing her to race up and down the hallway, scratching her feet on the carpet, then settling down for a little bit, then getting up, scratching her feet, racing up and down and so on... At the moment I can hear her upstairs scratch scratching her little tootsies.

It's really quite amusing, but her poor feet must be very tingly!

Poor thing :( Ruby regularly gets stung on her paws and tummy as a result of rabbiting through thick cover - I use the Boots homeopathic bite & sting spray which seems to work a treat on both dogs and humans. It's (or was) in a slim brown-ish spray container. Nelsons make the same thing (they actually make the Boots one which is cheaper) and it's called Pyrethrum Spray.

Comes to summat when a cat gets preferential treatment over me!! Got in from work - typical Friday 13th - all and sundry in surgery thinking their symptons might be fatal. OH said in a silly voice " are you hungry darling" - i replied "famished" only to find he was talking to the cat :roll: oh yes she got fed first cos shes furry has big eyes and mews cutely at him. :evil: