patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

I tried to look in every garden, but Carbis Bay is so built up now :( Literally, people are giving up their gardens for building plots. It could have been anywhere, is it 3 km for a roaming tomcat? I rang the vets earlier but they had no news. I'm too soft, but I love all cats & other animals :(

Patsy L - if you;re reading this our tv in our bedroom came on this morning about 1.30am by itself. OH woke me up to ask why telly was on - how should I know - remote was on a pile of books and no pussies in sight - thankfully it wasnt George Fornby strumming his ukalalee (SP) otherwise I would be worried. :anxious: (see Patsys thread about her computer coming on in the night) Then awakened again by strange whistling and clanking noises - outside somewhere. At this point I was about to lose the plot - but managed to get back to sleep having looked out of window to check for the undead and other nasties walking the streets of Mill Hill. I wont be seeing anymore spooky films for a long time believe me. :lol:

And me I was nearly in tears as the cat died and have 2 puddies of my own.

I hit a cat before Christmas. There was literally nothing I could have done. I stopped to see about taking it to a vet but it was obvious there was no point. :( I found the owner with the help of two neighbours.

Even though it wasn't my cat I was in tears and felt awful for days. How do you apologise for something like that?

:(

PJ

You cant apologise - well you can but the loss of a much loved pet is very upsetting. Cats even bright ones are stupid when it comes to roads - its like a Russian Roulette with them. I have one cat who is scared of everything and I think thats why she still alive - doors, hoovers, teenagers and roads. The other got a broken leg last yr and we dont know how. We live on a main road and getting te RSPCA and Cats Prot to let us have a rescue cat will be a prob in future because of road. Before we lived in a cul de sac. What can you do they are daft when it comes to road sense. :shameonu:

My first cat was deemed highly intelligent by the vets. So much so that they wanted to run some tests on her :shock: They never got the chance as when she was 1 she got hit by a car, (nearly 25 years ago & the bill from the vets was £500!). Then a year to the day later she got hit on the same bit of road & killed. That's cat intelligence for you :?

I have seen this happen c couple of times and it is very upsetting, we also lost a cat that way when my ED was only 6 weeks old, my OH sobbed and sobbed I think it was just the final straw after an emotional few weeks.

We moved here with our remaining cat and expected her to get run over within days, but she died peacefully in her sleep 14 years later, despite being a very outdoor cat night and day. I do think that her track record was the only way the Cats Protection let us have two more cats, they asked loads of questions about the road, we live on the junction of a main road and a busy short cut lane. Fingers crossed and touch wood etc, we have had our current two for coming up 5 years. I think that the roads are sufficiently busy that they steer clear and also we do keep them in at night, they lived indoors in a flat before we got them.

I remember being in a car with my Mum a few years back, we were driving home from somewhere late at night and hit a cat that ran out in front of the car :( We were both very upset about it, one of the most upsetting things was that we were a good mile or so away from the town, probably a bit further, so we would have had no idea where to start trying to track down the owners as we were nowhere near any houses. So the next day I can only imagine there was a very upset family wondering where their beloved pet had gone. I suppose the cat must have headed out into the fields to go hunting and ended up trying to cross the main road at just the wrong time :(

Really busy night lambing last night! 53 live lambs :D

We had one single ewe that really struggled, the lamb was dead inside her and after an hour+ we had to get the farmer to come and get the lamb out, in pieces :(

Had loads of sets of Triplets and 2 sets of Quads... only a couple of singles but managed to adopt some off (so that most Moms had 2) theres a few that are having to stay as tripets as they go out to the field.

Brings my total up to 134 lambs so far this year, thats just the nights I've done .. another 7 weeks to go! :lol:

The lamb carried to full term + was alive when she started lambing but it was a big single lamb in a Lleyn ewe. It presented with just 2 front legs crossed over with the head twisted right back and it was dead before we sorted it.

Eventually got the head through the pelvis with the legs pushed back, that had to come off for the rest to get through 'cos was just too big ... only happened a couple of times I've seen that happen in 5 years so not v common.

He's an Organic farmer so pretty good compared to most but with 1200 sheep there are always a few that have problems, the prolapse and ruptured ewes have a red line put down their backs so they should be sent to market so not bred from again.

Theres a new Vets thats recently got planning permission approved around the corner from home so have just written a letter to send about future work experience/a job and to see when they're planning on building it :D

Similar thing happened a couple years ago with a different vets, got planning permission and they'd nearly finished converting the building but hadn't started getting the fittings and quipment.

I went up for an interview and got a weekend job to start when the opened but then the recession hit and they couldn't afford to finish it and get the staff in!