patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

Only thing is, I always get teary when talking to people in authority, especially when it comes to my kids, and it is incredibly frustrating.

I know what you mean. It is so irritating and even if it is not obvious you always think the person you are talking to knows you are about to cry. Sometimes I try to think of them wearing pyjamas or similar but it doesn't seem to help me :? I think it is all to do with wanting to protect your child. Just means you are a sensitive person :) . I hope you get things sorted. If you think there is some learning disability problem push for a psychologists assessment. I did for my son and he now gets extra time in exams and also separate accommodation (his marks have greatly improved). Also because he was formally assessed he will sit exams in the same way at university.

I have been searching for a brass and iron bed for my spare room, not with any real sense of urgency, but idling keeping an eye out and monitoring ebay. Phil pitched up at the weekend and said 'there's something out in the car for you' :D he'd rescued an old bed from the reclamation yard for £25... it needs some work but is easily restored. I am heading off at some stage to collect a couple of spare parts from a friend. At the moment,m I have stored it outside under a tarp, but will work on it in the summer, out on the patio.

I'll post photos when I have downloaded them. Done up it would be £300 worth of bed on ebay. 8)

I know just what you mean Bluekarin about being emotional when talking to those in 'authority' about our children, both my YS and D have dyslexia, neither primary teachers nor high school senco/teachers wanted them assessed (as they described them as being "average"!!). So we saved up and paid for full psychological assessments at dyslexia action, to be told that our feelings were justified as both have moderate dyslexia and require 25% extra time to do work due to poor working memory, to put them on par with their peers! This we did in 2010, when YS was in year9 and D in year7. I've had to battle with school teachers to give my YS this access arrangement for extra time, despite the school senco/exams officer/headteacher all saying yes he is entitled to this, throughout his GCSE years! Life isn't easy but if you don't stand up for your children, who will? It's actually made me ill at times, but my children (just like yours) are worth it, I'm just totally disillusioned with an education system that promises so much support, and gives so little!! All the best, Jx.

Lewis - lovely pics of lambs, you lucky boy, sleep well.

The Dogmother - do hope you have the reclaimed brass bed (under tarp) at the back of your property out of the way, just in case the 'rag and bone' man comes along looking the s"Ooops, word censored!" items! Good luck in restoring it. Jx.

I've had to battle with school teachers to give my YS this access arrangement for extra time, despite the school senco/exams officer/headteacher all saying yes he is entitled to this, throughout his GCSE years!

I had to push too and if I hadn't said anything nothing would have been done. Even now sometimes for some exams the teacher "forgets" but for the main exams everything has been put in place for him. Some exams he can do on the PC too. I feel sorry for those children who don't have mums like us fighting for them.

Just keep those lambing gloves well away from me.

Meant to wear gloves? ;)

Udder cream is good (and cheap!), winter one is better I think as has more emollient rather than fly repellant if you see 2 but may just be one - found a pot and used a blob last night :lol:

Good find for Phil with the bed! 8)

Hope she can get it sorted bluekarin - I used to love school, shame she's not liking it, hopefully will do more soon.

You are all so lovely :cry: I am so glad I am not alone in this teary business. She has just had a drs appointment for her JIA and I asked about if her meds could cause her to feel down (tears welling up at this point, but contained *phew*), which they said no. I knew that would be the case anyway, but I wanted it ruled out for when I see her form tutor (FT). Her FT is looking at times I can see her, so I am glad she is taking my asking to see her seriously even though she doesn't know what its about. Then again, maybe she does. I'll pm a couple of you who have been through this if I need any help or advise if things start to get difficult. Hope you don't mind.

Lewis - I mean to say how lovely the lambs are! We went to Sparsholt a couple of years ago to see the lambing. Didn't see one born, but a lot of new babies :D

DM - What a lucky find! It is amazing what people chuck away. I still kick myself for not asking a neighbour if I could have the Belfast sinks he was skipping :(

Also because he was formally assessed he will sit exams in the same way at university.

When he goes to university, make sure he applies for the Disabled Students Allowance, you can get up to £3000 towards computer equipment, free internet access etc etc

Been to London today looking at the docklands and olympic park (which looks soo far off completion!)

We had to do a few questionnaires which were around 10 questions, some people were so rude it really amazed us! But there was this one woman that was so friendly and helpful which made up for it 8)

Love that you nommed all the nutella E! :lol:

Had a bad day today, been really grumpy which isn't (I don't think!) really like me at all!

Back from Lambing at 6am. Woke up late for my 10 o'clock lecture, looked out the window and had a parking fine, walked up the hill for lectures and then had Immunology practicals 'til 6. Got back to an empty house 'cos everyone is at home so made me feel even worse! :roll:

One flatmate came back who was grumpy aswell so we sat in the kitchen moaning together :lol:

Went to the shops to get stuff for pancakes and feel better now :)

On toast or from the jar with a spoon?!
From the jar with a spoon ... and on a couple of pancakes. :lol: I will have to eat the rest tomorrow, to prevent it going off.

Egluntyne - were you feeling a little down or was the nutella nearing it's 'best before' date?
I shall be saving that excuse for another time. :D

Lewis ...Nutella cures everything. It is WD40 for the soul......and it's gluten free!! xx

Me and Him indoors have just been to see The Way of The World at the Crucible. It was intriguing. I can't say that I totally understood what was going on, but the costumes were fab. :lol:

Roy Hattersley was in the audience.