patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

My friends went to Bulgaria when we left school ... said it was good ;) I would have gone but we were in Cuba the same weeks! :roll:

The door has bitten through our router power cable so had no internet since yday. Phoned VM who will send us one next week, can't be asked to wait so been everywhere to get one but in the end I've chopped the old one up and sellotaped it ... works for now ;)

While I was in Charlie's I got some waterproof trousers for the farm - £6.99! Bargain :D

Went to the GP today, as my eczema had flared up. Got a prescription and went to the pharmacy to pick it up, cost £14.80! The shop assistant noticed by horror at the cost and handed me a form to fill out, which would mean a refund on the prescription charge. The form is 16 pages long :shock:

My lovely daughter had an interview today and has been offered the position!!!

Cant even begin to say how brilliant this is-she has real issues with self confidence and it has been an uphill struggle to get this far..she has also been getting quite down about it all and I have been quite worried when she has talked about not being able to talk to people 'cos what can i say, it's not like I've got a job like everyone else..'

so very, very happy! :D

it is..apparently she burst into tears on the bus when they told her..she thought they'd rung to say thanks but no thanks..the woman who rang said she was ringing to give her feedback, that she had been dressed appropriately, had given good eye contact etc..and bearing that in mind they want to offer the job

I think it was at that point she burst into tears..bless her..so proud!

That is lovely news Joolz. It is so difficult, my MS has been unemployed for ages despite his various skills. It does affect their self-confidence and how they see their place in society. I feel very sorry for all the young people struggling to find work at the moment and I rant at arrogant working people who say the jobs are there but British kids don't want to work. That makes me very cross.

MS has his own happy news however. Sapper 'Labrador' starts training with his TA unit next week. He is very proud, he has his place in society back again.

Thats wonderful news for him-I must admit that my son went through the application process at one time and during this time he got a job and didnt continue and I was very happy because I dont think I would have been able to cope with him being in the armed forces..

I hope he enjoys it and that he gets something more longterm soon..well done him!!

Pretty birds, but not sure I'd spend that much money on something off ebay which could very easily get damaged in the post. Or not even hatch.

I have bashed the back of my hand on the corner of something hard and pointy (like a desk corner) but not sure. It really hurts, especially if I lift up or bend my middle finger *sobs*