patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

DM - that is so sad :( I also have kept bits like that but they are in a book.

I suddenly remembered another odd thing I have kept. One day when ES was at primary school his teacher gave me an envelope and in it was his grommet which had fallen out his ear in class and he had given it to her. She did not know what to do with it so placed it in an envelope and I still have it nearly 20 years later :lol::lol: I am a hoarder :oops:

HoardersRus methinks!

OK DM I'm dying to see you with a wrapper on your forehead! It's like the Dentyne (oh I did love that but can't get it any more) but a bit hotter. Um, hot cinnamon Jelly Bellys - perhaps a bit hotter???

Feel the need to dive down OH's huge jar of JB's that he's saving much to DD's disgust just to check. "Ooops, word censored!"ody eats the cinnamon ones - only me!

I've got scan photos, hospital tags, all the congratulations cards, the first babygro & shoes and lots of tiny teeth in little silver "tooth bells" that my MIL gave me. Not to mention all their school work :oops: . I also filled in baby books and a special folder which had a pocket for each school year with all sorts of things to fill in on the front of each pocket. They'll thank me one day :roll: . Not :lol: .

DM, I'd be really upset if I'd lost those things too :( .

I've got 3 matchboxes full of baby teeth and 3 pairs of first shoes, a garage full of football and Irish Dancing trophies, too hideous ever to have been put out on display, and folders and folders of school work, and a drawer full of karate belts of every hue. :roll:

I have hospital tags for the 2 girls but not for DS because he was born at home, I have a few locks of hair but I have no idea who they belong too, tummy button clamps, but no teeth, or have I :think: I think that both DS and YD have the teeth that they had removed for othodontic work :roll: I also have all of their birth records and notes and a few first sized clothes that they all wore.

This thread has gone mad since yesterday :wink:

i did have one man who wanted to take his ear wax home to show his wife when he'd had them syringed :vom: would've liked of seen her face. I would I sent him away with a flea in his ear (sorry :notalk: ) if I was her.

Some people hate being parted from their bodily bits and bobs.

Tad chilly here - glad I'm not a chicken. Too cold for me. Anyway enjoy day you mad ladeees. You lot make me laugh. :lol:

I have a box for each of my three with their scan photos, wrist tags, cord clamp, first hospital hat for YD as she was prem, congrats, christening and 1st birthday cards, christening candle and other bits and bobs from their early years. I also have their milk teeth. I would be devastated if their threw their things away now. I will give the boxes to them when they leave home, and then it is up to them. I am a dreadful hoarder too, but I am trying to get rid of things. Honest :D

Frankly I dont blame her. if I was a chicken I would stay in my house too. Just run out for a snack and back in again. :lol: Even the cats cold and hes wearing fur. Frankly its tempting to wear him round my neck hes soooo cuddly. Got my self a hat today. a girl at work had a tartan type Trilby (I think) - got a black Fedora in new Look - lovely and looks good on - I have a large head and lots of hair.

I have mostly baseball caps, but I love wearing my bush hat when it's raining. All that's missing is the corks around the rim. Hair - I look like Wurzel Gummidge at the moment. That's the swimming taking it's toll. That and having to cut off a chunk when it got tangled round the goggles. Now I have to wait another month for that bit to grow so the hairdresser can sort it out! :roll:

i would sooner have a small head - everything is ONE SIZE - :doh: dont they know we are all different. We wouldnt all wear same bra size - mine would go AWOL in a 32HH and someone wth that size boob would be lucky to get an arm in my bra. Stoopid manufacturers - I am a chicken keeper with a big head - I want a BIG hat

Just been to collect some chickeny eBay purchases from a lady just outside of Aber, near the Uni Lambing farm

She was really nice - doesn't have chickens 'cos she goes abroad quite a bit but really wants them.

I asked her had she heard of Omlet, BHWT etc, she has loads of books so I said if it was in term time I could look after them for her. Going to email her a few bits later :D

Also went to the other Lambing farm with 2 friends earlier to show them the sheep and meet the farmer, they've never been lambing before so he said they could come with us for a couple days.

There are already 4 of us that go from last year so with 6 there will be even less work so standing around in the cold and less money (we have to split 1 payment) ... £1 an hour but if we don't do it some other students will!

Half a century today - yay - ES wasnt sure re hat - and I was wearing odd socks only cos I couldnt be bothered to pair them up not cos I's senile - he said " mum you're a rebel" yay - like it - out for Chinese tonight - might go away next week me and the old man - depends on weather - dont want to get snowed in anyway :roll:

Half a century today - yay - ES wasnt sure re hat - and I was wearing odd socks only cos I couldnt be bothered to pair them up not cos I's senile - he said " mum you're a rebel" yay - like it - out for Chinese tonight - might go away next week me and the old man - depends on weather - dont want to get snowed in anyway :roll:

Hippy Hoppy Happy birthday! :D

Happy Birthday Ali. BHWT does good hats that look like chickens. Functional yet very silly looking. I'm sorely tempted to wear it out on Saturday! DD is too chicken to wear it now she's "grown up". :roll:

Sorry to hear you're frosting up Patsylab. It may be a pump that's got limed up and not the boiler???? I think we're due another breakdown in that department! Limescale is really bad here. Anyways hope you can keep warm until it's sorted.

Ahhhh Lewis. That time of year again. But at least 4 of you know what's likely to happen and how to deal with it rather than being thrown in the deep end on your own. I dunno, chatting up ladies and using your powers of persuasion to look after chickens that she will very likely get now (well sounds like she's done her homework in advance)! :lol: