patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

Stone cold sober today - just cleaned out girls - couldnt work out why the roosting bars of the Go were so heavy till realised a hen had hitched a ride. What are they like - there are huge holes in the run where they have dug. if any one in Os finds 2 English clucking hens in their garden they are mine. All I can see is earth flying up - I might ask Barnet council if they wish to employ them - at least they wont stand around scratching themselves and drinking tea.

On another matter had a shock this am -the end of the French stick I got in Morrisons yesterday was a very rude shape. ES looked at it in horror when I made it into a ham roll for him. It was sooo rude I took a photo - no worries I wont be posting. I will definately wear my specs when buying French sticks again.

Oh well off to see if homemade soup is ready and then OH and I will do a walk leaving sick but getting better son and ES babysitting for an hour of me time.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

We've had starlings nesting in the roof at the front of the house by the front door for years now. They appeared back in November and started clearing out the old nest to make ready for this year's.

Had a lovely surprise this morning when I opened the curtains. Our bedroom window overlooks the sloping roof above the front door. There were the starlings out on the right hand side of the roof and on the left hand side were a pair of sparrows going in and out under the eaves and singing away.

We have feathered neighbours on both sides now! 8):)

No bromide here, but thinking about getting another 2 girls. Perhaps one of them might be called Bonnie??!! (Hugh Bonneville)

By the way ANH, did you see Hugh B on Jonathan Ross last night. Since Jonathan Ross's being removed from the BBC, I have refused to watch him, but after serious consideration!!! had to review this decision last night to watch Hugh B instead!

me too.

I've had an angry day. Got angry with email or sender of it but sent a noncommital reply (that was hard), spent morning arguing with manager about an unfairness and I've been chuntering under my breath most of the day about allsorts. Better sort myself out before OH comes home or he'll probably get it. Any tips.

Go and natter with your girls - I find hens very understanding. Failing that when OH walks thro door announce " I'm in a fowl mood, had a rubbish day but I'm not blaming you" if he's an understanding type he'll take you in his arms give you a hug and say " dont worry my precious I'll make dinner/get a takeaway" delete which you prefer and all your cares will be forgotten. Sadly what he'll probably do is say "s :silenced: this I've had a rubbish day too" stomp out to pub and you will be left talking to your hens.

Sorry Plum not much help am I but I hope I've made you smile. Ali x

Probably not - might be a record thou'. Today man in car in front stopped at junction and did "mexican wave" out of window. I decided I didnt want to stick around so drove round him and off. Why do loons always attach themselves to me?

Patsy - love Whitechaple - did my training and friend lived in Brady Street one of the Rippers haunts - mega spooky. also the guy in it from Benidorm has lost so much wt - he was a porker in Benidorm.

Oooh a lorry driver did that to me today - aha, I should have jumped out and do the same! He pulled out of a turning in front and then stopped right in front of me. Good job he didn't get close to a bollard otherwise I'd have had to go on the wrong side of the road around that too!

As for loons, join the club. We used to live near Holloway Sanitorium (remember Bonnie Tyler song with the boys and the spooky eyes - that was filmed there - nuff said really) and this poor little lad, semi inmate always used to sit next to me on the bus on the way home from work - when there were only about 3 people on there in the first place. I used to think pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease go and sit next to somebody else for a change, but no. He chose me - probably because I didn't ignore him - yup, mouth ran away ahead of the brain and he said I was nice. Needless to say I have hated using buses ever since. And why couldn't I attract normal blokes like that? Where's the logic? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

I think a 4 year old snowball is nice. I have a 20 year old icing sugar mouse that number 1 son made at nursery. Can't bring myself to chuck it away! Plum - I need you!!!!!!!!!!!!!