patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

Valkyrie I feel your pain - I was too nice in my 20's - I was followed one evening as I was going to my friends party in Ripper area and this guy started chatting to me on the bus saying he'd seen me at Stamford Hill. Ignored him got off at my stop - dreading the walk up Brady Street Whitechapel as the first bit was dark, poor lighting and then it opened up into residential flats.. This guy then stopped the bus and starting walking after me. This was the 80's before mobiles so I ran up to old man and asked him if i walk with him as a man was following me - we walked up together. It may be less spooky now but you could imagine how those women felt in Ripper times. St Clements (psyche hosp) was down the road and all deprived areas attract people with mental health issues - but why oh why do they target moi.

kate - they latch onto me too. a few yrs ago took ES who was about 13 to fracture clinic - made mistake of asking guy where X ray was. He then told me his life story including the fact that his fractures were down to gunshots wounds. ES was pulling my sleeve and hissing dont talk to him. When we got out i was cautioned by my son for wearing lacey tights and an above the knee skirt :shameonu: He said its because I was dressed like a trollope - hardly just above the knee -hardly a belt skirt like the younger laydeees wear. Naughty mum :lol:

Dear Sir

I am unhappy that you let your dogs out all through the night, every night to bark at the sky and that you do nothing to quieten them. I am also unhappy that you think you can sing and that you have a microphone. I am also unhappy that you keep putting sown s"Ooops, word censored!"s of food even though that encourages the largest rats I have ever seen.

Yours faithfully

Irritated neighbour.

Plum - you can't eat it!!!!!!!!! :shock: I meant, chuck out all the daft things I hold on to! He's almost 22! However as mum is moving she's emptied her loft and we now have his fort that my dad made and loads of toy cars! Throw one old magazine away and I get more stuff in! Where's that mouse - I need to eat it! Er :vom: Makes you think is it the sugar or the Tupperware that's kept it in good condition!!!

There are a couple of articles that I did manage to eventually hoover (OK vacuum) up - when he had really bad chicken pox in his head, DS kept the enormous scabs with his hair attached in his underwear drawer for years - tucked underneath the lining paper. :vom::vom::vom:

Eeewwwwwwwww......I dread to think what I'd find it I dug in DS's bedroom :shock:

The Law of Sod is live & kicking here......after very little sleep last night due to proof reading DH's camera mag.....I thought a powernap this morning was a good idea....the 3 phone calls later, I officially give up......mainly due to the last call being mum announcing her imminent arrival :roll:

Smile & wave Sha, smile & wave......cos murder's frowned upon... :whistle:

had a weird dream last night - OH was chopping heads of well known actresses off and keeping round the house in boxes - frightfully disturbing - work up feeling stressed but you know when you want to go back to dream to see what happens next - anyone analysing would say I was disturbed. :anxious:

On lighter note have a week off work - yay - might go away with OH for my 50th and also can do some decorating (boo hiss!!) Bring it on :dance:

when he had really bad chicken pox in his head, DS kept the enormous scabs with his hair attached in his underwear drawer for years - tucked underneath the lining paper. :vom::vom::vom:

This reminded me that I have one of YS's teeth in my purse. It fell out years ago. I don't really know why I keep it. I may be called upon to produce it for a treasure hunt or some such :lol::lol: I do have a selection of the children's teeth I just cannot bear to throw them out and now I am not sure whose is whose. This has now reminded my that my mum used to have our dogs puppy teeth so maybe it runs in the family....oddness that is :?:lol::lol:

Thanks Plum - love you too :lol: I have a selection of my kids teeth too and first hair and 1 baby gro. i always ask child patients if they want to keep their stitches to show friends when i remove them .Years ago kids would love to as they could use in "show and smell" aka "show and tell" - show and smell is much more like it - dead squirrels and like s"Ooops, word censored!"ed off road (thats what a teacher friend has had to deal with :vom: ) anyway I digress - todays hi tech kids dont want sutures to impress their mates and mum doesnt want them for the mantelpiece either unless shes on Omlet that is -she can add to teeth and hair and chicken pox scabs - sound of manical laugher :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I also keep teeth. My mum kept mine in a little jewellery box tucked in a little bed of cotton wool. So when I had my 2, DS had a little box and DD had a little flowery box - both tucked in little beds of cotton wool. DS's first tooth was lost down our settee and although we ripped the bottom off to find it - it never turned up. So we have tiny letters that were left explaining why no teeth were left under pillows for whatever reason and fairies replies saying they found them so not to worry in teeny tiny writing. No wonder my eyesight is failing!!! So when they were big enough I showed them and they both went YUK!! :roll:

I kept some of their hair too. I even have 2 chunky plaits when my hair was cut for the first time when I was 10. Still got blue seersucker ribbons tied in neat bows on the ends. :oops:

I rescued some items from the dustbin when DS cleaned his room out. Some lovely stories that he'd written but the best thing which is still on our noticeboard is a plastic football figure (from a cereal box) which has been mutilated but stapled back together (badly) with a large piece of paper attached saying "successful surgery". At that time he thought he'd be a doctor. I'm so glad he isn't!!!!!

:( Maybe not now, but in years to come she may regret it but I don't think she'll let on though.

OK did you know . . .

. . . that if you ever have Wrigleys Big Red chewing gum (really hot cinnamon flavour) and you lick the inside of the wrapper and stick it on your forehead you can actually feel it burning?!!

Of course you look a complete idiot walking around until you feel it working. And don't forget to remove it if you go outside the front of your house because neighbours will think you are a loony.

OK did you know . . .

. . . that if you ever have Wrigleys Big Red chewing gum (really hot cinnamon flavour) and you lick the inside of the wrapper and stick it on your forehead you can actually feel it burning?!!

Of course you look a complete idiot walking around until you feel it working. And don't forget to remove it if you go outside the front of your house because neighbours will think you are a loony.

:lol::lol: But we'll know what you've been up to that bright red area is a dead giveaway