patsylabrador

**Thread of little facts & things**

Had the rat-man round this afternoon-he put bait down last tuesday, a neighbour saw a big rat on Saturday so I told the neighbour I would ring today as they had rung last time. Ratman-or Brian as his mum calls him called round straight away and before we even went outside he said "I told your neighbours last week that your chickens are very tidy, infact its probably the cleanest set up I've ever seen!" Huge relief because I was expecting him to somehow have a little go about the rats being attracted by the chickens!

Thats good to hear.

I have been a rarrr shouty mum today. PMT I think, but not had it this bad for quite a while. I had a really bad day at my parents reupholstering their chairs where by it would have been better for me not to have gone there at all today as I had nothing to show for all my efforts. The upholstery bit is done (easypeasy) but I am trying to make arm, wing and back caps and they are being.........

Poor YD bore the brunt :( Mind you she did do something wrong (an on going problem) but I could have handled things much better. All be better in the morning, I hope.

having been unwell for 2 days I decided to catch up on Whitechapel - bad idea - sitting at computer with ear phones on and ES unknown to me was behind me looking for his Ipod ear phones - nearly screamed in terror. :anxious: Blooming kids - he thought it was funny - this from the lad who won't sleep with the wardrobe door open :lol:

Just found ES16 asleep with head resting on cereal packet. :roll: Must admit had there been room I might have joined him for 40 winks. When they are babies they are up at 5 raring to go and in their teens you have to crow bar them from their beds. Those times spent bleary eyed watching some drivel or other with a tot, clutching a mug of tea and a box of matches to pin eyelids open whilst sitting thro Tellytubbies or Postman Pat - now just got to worry about GCSE;s and what sorta laydeee hes planning on wooing. And gotta go thro it all again with youngest. Happy days.

I know what you mean, I have one early bird, my YD who is 13 and it takes her so long to do hair and makeup in the morning that she gets up at 6am, but the other two are awful especually DS nearly 16 he is like the old cornflakes advert. with the neanderthal who gradually becomes modern man as he eats his breakfast, but it takes DS until tea time for the transformation to happen and then he stays up until gone midnight and it all starts again :roll:

I passed my Semester 1 modules! :D

Got a 1st for my Industrial Placement module which I did at Cotswold Chickens so really happy with that!

Was employer assessed but I had to write it all up and give a 20 min presentation to coursemates at the end of it too.

Makes the 2 + a half hour drive every day over Summer worth it ;)

......but it takes DS until tea time for the transformation to happen and then he stays up until gone midnight and it all starts again :roll:

Lewis is like that :lol:

Went to bed at half 5 this morning and I wasn't even Lambing! ;)

Lambed Weds, tonight + tomorrow though so gonna power nap this afternoon :)

had to laugh Chickencam - and all this for school - God help you on a night out - hope you have more than 1 loo you might need it if she is in the bathroom all day. I thought (being a mom of lads) make was a no no at school but ES assures me the girls in his group wear subtle his words not mine -however this is the the full slap - hate to think what less subtle looks like - trowel job. They are funny arent they? Hope Lewis got some sleep.