craftyhunnypie

Daily Joys

Woo hoo...... I have just booked off a couple of days before Christmas next year :dance::dance: I have worked here nearly 9 years and every year, another member if my team always books a 10 day block at this time, and books it a year ahead. I am never consulted, she just books it; I am particularly irked as she doesn't have any children or family.

I spotted today that she hasn't yet booked it, so have taken two days and will enjoy the whinging from her when she gets back off leave in the new year.... selfish moo!

Brilliant :lol:

Perhaps in these dark days of January, it's time to revive this thread! I always try before I got to sleep to think of three good things that have happened during the day.

Today I'm in a good mood because it's Saturday :D so I'm not at work; I'm off to visit my very dear friend, whose daughter was 21 on Thursday, and she's having a party tonight. I knew S before her daughter was born, so this makes me feel both very old and very lucky at the same time! And the house looks so tidy without all the Christmas decorations - they are still piled on the spare bed, mind you, awaiting sorting/repackaging/replacing in the loft, but I'm amazed at how much space there is without tinsel, lights and tree! :D

Had a lovely day

Went out for a row with a friend, since she is very experienced we went out in a double without a cox as my teen son decided he'd rather stop in bed since it was cold :lol: We managed wonderfully including getting the boat in and out of the water and it was beautiful on the river. A heron took off and flew down the river right in front of us. On the way back a group of three ladies in their fifties paddled past in kayaks which gave us both the warm feeling we will still be going out rowing together in 10 & 20 years :lol:

A different friend came over with her two youngest for lunch, we normally meet as part of a bigger group and it was really nice to have time to chat.

Popped out to the shops and found a freshly baked cake decorated dinosaur sweets in the porch on my return. We'd sorted out my sons old dinosaurs and given them to a friend's son as we knew his passion was dinosaurs and they'd made us a cake.

My SIL posted a picture on facebook of my nieces happily making cake pops using the book and all the bits I'd bought them for christmas. They live aboard so facebook is a nice way to be part of what they are doing.

Simple pleasures but the best. :D

Ooh! Lucky you - you don't mention if the talk was any good!

I am feeling very pleased, just completed my tax return; I managed to find all the paperwork and (needless to say) it didn't take me nearly as long as I expected. AND it says that they owe me money :clap: - that never happens!

I've been stressing about this for days, it would have been much easier if I'd got on and done it weeks ago. I never learn.

DSC00456.jpgI went up to Guildford on Thursday to listen to the presenters of Edwardian Farm do a talk; as I set up & run a fan page for the delectable Peter Ginn on FB, it was in the interests of research that I get a photo with him! :D

Oooooo - I like him too :P

Wish I had known about this - my girl is at the University of Surrey in Guildford,so I could have gone & met up with her too.

Oh Snowberry very jealous, I think Peter's great (good name) he always seems to do all the work.

My youngest has just looked at your photo and said I saw that lady at ice skating...Eden....and I said yes dear as you do and then realised it was you and thought well yes maybe she could have done. So now I know who I'm looking for around Hayle. :lol: