Plum Posted April 18, 2012 Share Posted April 18, 2012 On training and free buffet back to the office and retirement party (not mine) Need some willpower and better go poledancing with you superkitty. I'm in the age range Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
superkitty Posted April 18, 2012 Share Posted April 18, 2012 Ah, some things you just can't escape. Tomorrow is another day Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted April 18, 2012 Share Posted April 18, 2012 Ha baby shower fuddle at work tomorrow Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted April 19, 2012 Share Posted April 19, 2012 I know what you mean we have had several birthdays in the office over the past few weeks including mine and we have this strange system of making or buying cake for everyone else when it is your birthday, this sort of thing didn't happen further north where I grew up, myself and OH only came accross this when we moved here in 1987. I made lemon iced cupcakes and chocolate brownies for my contribution and had to try them both because you can't feed other people on food that you have made without testing it first. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheGirlsMum Posted April 19, 2012 Share Posted April 19, 2012 I've managed to loose 5lb this week, it is my first week of dieting tho and needless to say there is lots more to loose. Hubby is being helpful having realised this is my kick start week and Thursday morning being my weigh in he suggests I allow myself to eat the Sunday roast with them all and have one other treat over the weekend with the rest of the week being "good". We'll see I need help with mind set as I too think once its gone back on I might as well have another packet of crisps then, good job we've got each other on here. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted April 19, 2012 Share Posted April 19, 2012 Well done on the weight loss!! I got on the scales yesterday and my weight gain wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. I'll eat carefully between now and Monday and then I need the 5 day Harcombe Plan to get rid of what I've put on. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted April 19, 2012 Share Posted April 19, 2012 I think I need to get new scales . I got various readings up to a stone apart when I used them today. I usually reset them and stand on them a few times as the reading always changes by a few pounds but this is the worst yet . I think I'll go for old-fashioned dial ones next. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted April 19, 2012 Share Posted April 19, 2012 I've managed to loose 5lb this week, Well done, that is a great start Once again I have stayed the same so at least I have not put any weight on, but I thought I had had a good week Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted April 19, 2012 Share Posted April 19, 2012 Shuffles in with her head down I put half on But it won't stay... Or rather, it better hadnt Cathy X Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted April 21, 2012 Share Posted April 21, 2012 I think I've lost about 9 or 10lbs in 4 weeks . Discovered that Irish potato farls are only 3.6g of fat per 100g. If you don't smother them with butter, they make a nice, filling savoury snack . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
superkitty Posted April 21, 2012 Share Posted April 21, 2012 Ooh, well done everyone! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sheilaz Posted April 22, 2012 Author Share Posted April 22, 2012 Well, having started the topic I've been avoiding it, so well done those who have achieved it, ANH! or made progress in the right direction, or even just maintained and developed healthy habits. One week to go, so I'll miss my target. In 7 weeks I've lost one pound, yes, just the one! Or 16 oz. I'm proud of that, just need to keep it off now. Hoping to double my efforts and lose 2 or 3 pounds this final week! However, I'm eating healthily and not "comfort eating" so happy with this, and determined to continue. Are you all up for a drastic 32oz off final week? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted April 22, 2012 Share Posted April 22, 2012 Well done Sheilaz (is that said with an australian accent? ) We all had a week off for Easter so that means you have another 2 weeks to lose a bit more. Go girl I've lost 4lb gained 2 and lost 1lb, hey ho in the right direction again Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LolaLayla Posted April 23, 2012 Share Posted April 23, 2012 Haven't been on here for ages as I was too ashamed because of my lack of willpower. The problem really is being fed up because I cannot exercise. Which has made me eat and drink However I am really going to try from now on My scales are terrible too as they can show a huge variation. I am going to get out the old ones (it pays to hoard ) My back/leg problem is a bit better so I hope to try some exercise soon. Can we extend the final date please Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted April 23, 2012 Share Posted April 23, 2012 Glad you're a bit better, Lola . I'm sure once you can exercise again, that'll help your motivation . I'd like an extention of another month, please . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LolaLayla Posted April 23, 2012 Share Posted April 23, 2012 Exercised by gardening today. Just trying to stretch a lot now to avoid more problems. Have managed to eat sensibly so far.....but there are still a couple of hours before I go to bed I will just need to make do with the fruit bowl Its getting into the "zone" that is the problem. ANH you have done so well Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheGirlsMum Posted April 23, 2012 Share Posted April 23, 2012 Well done Lola, it's always evenings I find most difficult when your are sitting down and relaxing. Hope the exercise gets easier just keep it gradual. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LolaLayla Posted April 23, 2012 Share Posted April 23, 2012 Thanks for the support. I really need it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted April 23, 2012 Share Posted April 23, 2012 Helps doesn't it. I have good intentions about exercise just not got there yet. I find purposeful exercise easier to continue with but like Girlsmum just want to collapse in the evenings. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
superkitty Posted April 24, 2012 Share Posted April 24, 2012 Great that you're feeling better lolalayla. Slow and steady Have you ever tried Pilates? It's fantastic for core strength (all the muscles that support your back and prevent back injuries). they do special classes specifically for back rehab and protection..you'd need to go to an actual class though because technique is really important. Lots of people swear by it for back rehab...might be worth a thought? I had a 7.30am session with a new personal trainer yesterday - was a great way to start off the week virtuously I often struggle to get motivated in the evenings.....damn that siren call of the sofa! But I find that going to a class at the gym (so in my head i have an 'appointment' to get to) helps. I hardly ever manage to do anything like an exercise DVD at home, unless I do it in the morning. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AndreaT Posted April 24, 2012 Share Posted April 24, 2012 Well done everyone! Just back from my weigh in and I have lost 2.5lb this week Not going to lose 8lb by May but it's a step in the right direction! Glad you're feeling a bit better Lolalayla. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LolaLayla Posted April 24, 2012 Share Posted April 24, 2012 I used to go to pilates, aerobics etc superkitty before I hurt myself shifting logs. I haven't been to the gym since the beginning of February However I was at the hospital today and as I am improving I have been discharged but have to keep going to the physio at the moment. I have been told I can resume exercising but to take it carefully and not try high impact stuff at the gym. This is a bit annoying as I used to love aerokick. However it is great that I can start back to yoga and pilates. I really need to keep the food intake down and have managed to be quite good today. Breakfast is always Special K, however I did have a scone and jam with DD at lunchtime (but that was all). A plain ham salad was dinner (plus a spoonful of YS's strawberry cheesecake topping that he made today-thankfully the whole thing is going to school tomorrow ) Oh I nearly forgot the one malteaser which I stole from the box that YS had to make his Malteaser slice ( please make him take that all to school too ) Thanks for your kind words girls Well done to all who are losing weight. It will be me next week too ( ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheGirlsMum Posted April 26, 2012 Share Posted April 26, 2012 Weigh in today, 3lbs lost, so I've hit the 8lb target just need to keep it off and hopefully alot more. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AndreaT Posted April 26, 2012 Share Posted April 26, 2012 Weigh in today, 3lbs lost, so I've hit the 8lb target just need to keep it off and hopefully alot more. Well done Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted April 26, 2012 Share Posted April 26, 2012 Well done from me too . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...