The Dogmother

Picnic Pants

This has to be the most ridiculous idea I've ever seen :roll:

imagesizer?file=RinaR4D5FDC2B-03F3-7DE6-8C60-7B0A2C841379.jpg&width=500

imagesizer?file=RinaR224A552D-0580-0843-C8AF-3EB99146E636.jpg&width=500

An Italian company called Acquacalda has created a pair of denim capri pants that feature a piece of fabric between the thighs. The flap spreads out when you sit cross-legged, so it doubles as a plate. It even has a pocket on the outside of the thigh to hold a drink! Oh those Italians, they just think of everything.

:think: I think I might have problems with these. I'm only short so the edge of the 'table' would extend beyond my knees, creating a sliding off point for any food. Also I would be in danger of tipping my food everywhere as I would have to keep moving - I couldn't sit cross legged like that for very long - I would seize up. I wonder if they could attach a hoist to get me up again once my knees have locked? Hmm, on second thoughts better cancel my order :roll:

And there was me thinking how stylish and well dressed the Italians are! Talk about shattered illusions! :lol:

I already had those illusions dispelled by going to Italy a few years back! :lol:

I wonder if they were inspired by Karl Pilkington's Pilko Pump Pants. They actually make his invention look sophisticated in comparison!