Alis girls

Calendars for 2013

I've got - as always, courtesy of my sister - The Archers Calendar! :lol: Wouldn't be without it - I don't actually use it though, I note everything in my iPhone these days, but it hangs up in the kitchen to entertain me. I also got given a Great British Bake Off calendar this year, I don't know what I'm going to do with a second one though.

I use my Hotmail one generally but I always buy the Lurcher Link charity calendar, and am given Extraordinary Chickens and Extreme Tractors for my office walls; I do sometimes use the dates on them when i need to glance at something quickly.

Rosie was wanting the Tom Daly one but the shop down the road has sold out!

I've been sent the best calendar in the world ever....NOT

Its from a dairy supplies companies and features a 5l plastic drum of annatto colouring, some vegetarian rennet, a 500ml container of sodium hydroxide and assorted sachets of stuff all on a black background. The best thing is that there is only one picture, so I can *enjoy* it all year round :lol:

OOOOOhhh Daphne...I'm so envious!!!!!! :lol:

I've got an Emma Ball one with sletches of the coast and various seaside places. Its in aid of the RNLI and we had one last year; I LOVE the sea and am desperate to get back to Bigbury on Sea in June - only 6 months to go!

I usually use my filofax day to day but have a calender in the kitchen so that I can transcribe from the filofax so that OH can see whats going on (or at least thats the idea; I doubt he bothers to look but at least I have tried!!) :roll:

ES has one from school; as a fundraiser the PTA photographed each months birthday 'celebraters' just a shame they spelt Nat's name wrong - he was not impressed :evil:

I use my Hotmail one generally

I love my Google calender (I am assuming Hotmail is much the same), as you can colour code it so that different peoples events are easy to see & also you can put events onto a repeat which is really handy.

I even have a calendar for the meals I am going to cook,so that when something goes into the freezer,i can add it on as a meal in a couple of weeks time - this has really helped me to keep on top of the freezer food.

Poor Rosie! it is a rather lovely calendar the Tom Daly one,I must say. 8)

For the last 4 years I've designed my own Vistaprint version with pics relating to my Bees, Chickens and Bunny etc. OH, DD, Mum and a friend all get a copy.

Always makes me smile when I turn over each new month and remember taking the pic.

I also get a freebie with Gardeners World magazine and Beecraft magazine.

This year also got one from a garden centre I used once and a RSPCA one.

There's no way anyone has a chance of mistaking the date in our house! :lol:

The only one that we have so far is one from the Chinese takeaway in the town were we were staying this week. We went in on New Year's Eve and along with their other customers we were kept waiting for nearly an hour. Most people got free prawn crackers but we had already ordered some so we got a calendar. We are still laughing at the number of times the guy serving said sorry that night, we think that it was pretty much all the English have could speak, and they had given the English speaking staff the night off, although when we have been in there before most of the staff speak welsh :lol:

I didn't get my usual Good Food magazine one this year, not sure if they even had one. I will be looking into chicken ones or maybe even the Countryfile one. I do use my pound shop diary mostly, but I do love turning over a pages of a nice calendar. My OH gets a lovely landscape one at work each year from a local accountancy firm.