counturchickens

Snow 2013

Snow all day here and still coming down. Roads are clear, but they are going to be dodgy after they freeze tonight, we have a good 10+ cms. It's not nice snow, too wet for any fun. My girls are not impressed and I have my first stubborn broody of the year :wall: . She has been in solitary for a few days, I did briefly cool her undercarriage off in a drift, then towelled her dry. She is in with the others now, as it is going to be cold tonight.

Very wet here yesterday evening but it has been snowing very lightly most of the night and there's about another inch and some has settled on areas which were clear yesterday. The temp is only hovering around freezing and the road outside is frozen on top of the snow. I have to drive Rosie out to triathlon swimming practice this evening - it's in a small village about 20 mins away and through tricky lanes. The instructor says that it is on, but I'l go out after lunch and check that the road is clear as parts of that route are quite exposed.

Lots and lots of snow here today! It's been drifting and is very deep in places - it came over the top of my wellies a couple of times this morning and the dog nearly disappeared into a couple of deep spots :shock:

Hubby and I are supposed to be heading off to Norfolk for a few days this afternoon, but we've decided to postpone until (at least) tomorrow to give the roads a chance to clear a bit before we travel.

OH has just braved the road out of the village and the snowdrifts at the side of the road are very impressive and in some places partly across the road. He came back and got me so I could see too.

Not looking forward to the drive to school in the morning.

DS and his girlfriend and her family are supposed to be going to Scotland for a few days in the morning :(

Chrissie

It's sub-zero here now and freezing up. Got Rosie out to swim training although the car park there was snowed in so we parked in the lane outside; some eejits tried to get in there but ended up stuck on the snow and ice. :roll: I have parked facing downhill in anticipation of either snow or ice in the morning.

The dogs really enjoyed their loon in the snow, although some of the drifts were so deep that they went over my wellies :shock:

No more snow here over night, but what is left is very icy now. Some of the lanes I drive down to work have 2-3 foot drifts along the hedges at the side, in places this has blown across the road making passing a bit dodgy in places. Snowplough out at work yesterday so the farm drive is clear but the main drive (which is quite hilly) is like the Cresta Run :shock: .... one of the guys crabbed down it in a landy yesterday and said it was very scary, hopefully they'll get that cleared today too.

Guess what..... it's snowing again :roll: only tiny flakes but it is very cold and the wind is bitter.

There's a surprising amount of snow still nestled in 6-8" high drifts against hedges and verges, one lane that I take to work also has snow across the road in one area. :shock:

Had a lovely few days in Norfolk; brisk wind, but sunny and lovely, no sign of snow either.