counturchickens

Snow 2013

We have a couple of inches here. It is supposed to be the archery club's indoor championships this afternoon which marks the end of the indoor season. Good Friday is our first outdoor shoot :shock:

I have not printed out any paperwork for the shoot yet, waiting to see if it is cancelled, if it keeps snowing I may not go as our little road will be tricky :(

Chrissie

Snow here. Didn't golf yesterday afternoon due to the high winds and the course is now closed. Looks like we'll be doing housework instead :( It's also DD's 21st today and sounds like she's coming down with a stomach bug so she's said not to visit. GD Lauren already has it :(

Several inches of the white stuff here, bit fed up with it to be honest, even though it looks lovely. Chicken run roof is bent at a jaunty angle under the weight, girls are not happy about the situation :lol: I've been out for a walk in it (wellies required), not too far, and it is hard going to walk on and still snowing and quite blowy too!

OH has contacted all his students and cancelled all today's lessons, so no earnings for today and probably tomorrow unless we have some miraculous thaw overnight :roll: The rugby match for this afternoon has been cancelled so if he stays in the house he will be moping around :evil: Hoping to kick him out to the studio to be creative in some way!

We have a couple of inches here. It is supposed to be the archery club's indoor championships this afternoon which marks the end of the indoor season. Good Friday is our first outdoor shoot :shock:

I have not printed out any paperwork for the shoot yet, waiting to see if it is cancelled, if it keeps snowing I may not go as our little road will be tricky :(

Chrissie

Glad I didn't print anything, Club Champs have now been cancelled.

It is still snowing here but fine flakes and the laying snow is quite wet, may walk to the farm shop later for some vegies and perhaps have some lunch while I am there if I can persuade OH to come too.

Chrissie

Whoa! We had a lot over night. It's the East wind off the mountains that has made it worse - big snow drifts. The A44 is closed, so we are ' cut off'.

Had to dig out the eglus & a couple had a bit of snow inside them, where it had blown in through the gap. All chooks are safe though - thank goodness!

Had yummy egg on toast, lots of hot drinks, will do some home baking & curry for tea. Bit of crochet & that's my day sorted. Brrrr, much too cold to do anything else.

Hope everyone else is safe & warm.

Emma.x

OH had to get from Oxford to Norwich for 9.00am this morning and so, in view of the forecasts, he went up yesterday afternoon to stay over. I wonder if he will make it back? The op was scheduled for 9.00am and he said he'd call as he left - its now 1.00pm and not a peep - stuck in a snowdrift somewhere :( . I think the boys and I will be on our own for supper! :wall: