counturchickens

Snow 2013

OMG! Today I have witnessed some of the most horrendous floods I have ever seen in my life at Llanmynach ( between Oswestry & Welshpool). I was driving back from my sisters house after a lovely weekend & by the time I got to Llanmynach I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Rivers have burst their banks due to the thawing of all the snow! :shock: Such deep deep water everywhere - extremely dangerous. I took the diversion route recommended, but by the time I got down there - the river had burst there too. Lucky for me a nice couple told me to follow them, as they needed to get to Llanidloes. We had to all head back to Shrewsbury to get back to Welshpool. By the time we reached Welshpool, the same was happening there. Luckily we managed to get through (just). It added so much time to my journey - rather tired now. But at least I am home safe.

I hope others are safe! :pray:

Emma.x

It's blowing itself inside out here, all the windows are shrieking!! I put laundry out today, 3 Loads, and used many many pegs to keep it on the line. One sheet went awol, the dog and I found it about 500 yards away, in the sheep field!! Rewash needed!. I took the precaution of counting what I'd hung out!!

We had "snail"(sleet and hail) this am, I was walking the dog, and gto blasted. Not sure how good that was for my poor skin, which is already knacked after the Looooong Winter!!