counturchickens

Snow 2013

I seem to have developed a snow OCD and it has stepped up a gear looking out the window is no longer sufficient, yes I am now having to go outside just to see. You should see the look on Hubbys face Ive been out the front and then walked back inside and went out the back :D Well need to be sure because that certainly aint FOG Mr Met Office

As the forecasting sites appear to be so rubbish at their job, perhaps someone on here can tell me.....the chances of my DD getting from Surrey (caterham just off the M25) to Chester tomorrow for a hockey tour, which they have been looking forward to for weeks.....

Answers on a postage stamp please :wink:

We have icing sugar snow at the mo, having had all last week's offerings washed away by the rain & the firm frozen ground replaced by soggy, sticky, mudplane-able goo....did someone mention spring? Yes please....

I wouldn't risk it myself. We are supposed to be having a further heavy fall oop north tomorrow.

Obviously their safety is paramount.....but how disappointing for them :( ......and her brother who was planning a sister-free weekend, the highlight of which was a chicken kiev dinner on Saturday and roast chicken for lunch on Sunday...she eats almost anything except chicken :roll:

We will wait for the school's decision this evening as they are due to leave at 7am tomorrow..... :pray::anxious:

Not snowing here yet :dance:

However, we are surrounded by piles of snow everywhere, and none of the pavements are yet clear. All are solid, compacted snow which is now two inch thick ice! I've cleared part of the garden path by dropping the garden shovel hard down on it to break it, this did not work in places, and have salted, but solid ice remains :shock: Even near work (very busy financial area of Brum) the pavements are solid ice. Thawing ever so slowly today as it is still below freezing, but will probably re-freeze tonight :roll:

OH determined to go to Plymouth tomorrow for a rugby match :roll::roll:

I've just come back from walking the dog up at the country estate up the road where the paths are metalled. After a whole week of farm/estate vehicles passing through the paths were like glass and I've skidded my way round like Bambi on ice :lol: Tango took the sensible option and zoomed about in the fields instead, chasing the pesky crows who had dared to land there. I could do with some Yaktrax really, but doubt they would be any good on really heavily compacted snow? I don't know if there would be enough give for them to dig in :think: