counturchickens

Snow 2013

You are in S aren't you BK?

The weather is heading your way....My friend is in The Collingbournes....Just checked outside and big flakes are falling now. Glad I brought lots of wooden and kindling in and did a food shop earlier. :D

Yes I am. Not looked out for a little while, but it had stopped when I last looked which was about 6ish (just getting YD to have a look to give me a weather report..........still nothing, just cold).

Still snowing ... really glad to be home as I have heard via facebook that the A37 is closed through Farrington Gurney aparently loads of motorists stranded due to cars stuck on the hill, villagers are trying to get the village hall opened for them, they have said that gritters have been past and not dropped any grit but im assuming that these must be empty ??

Stay safe everyone xx

DS went on his trip today to parliament, he said there were massive banks of snow by the side of the motorway. It was snowing here before they had even left London, they came back on M40 then when they cme off around Oxford teacher decided to take his favourite short cut down some Oxfordshire lanes, fortunately he realised the error of his ways and turned rind and came back on the A40 instead which was pretty rough over the higher ground. He was eventually dropped off in Cheltenham so we didn't have to drive too far to collect him, his school is 5 miles away, so we were glad of that. It has been a blizzard here all evening but has now turned to fine rain and sleet mix, the snow that fell was very wet but it did settle on the man road for a time and has added to the lying snow which was starting to melt. I have been in tenterhooks all day, very lad to have him home safe.

Take care out there.

We now have light snow untill goodness knows when :doh: I did my wifey duties and cleared the drive for the Hubby about 30 mins ago its now got a light dusting of snow so that was a waste of my time bet he wont even notice . I have no idea what time he is due home too lets hope the roads are better than last night. Whilst I hate to wish time away I am looking forward to spring

I swept my car clear on Monday night (for the second time since Friday) and this morning there was another 3 to 4 inches on it! Birmingham looks like it is covered in fluffy foam, it is everywhere, particularly clumpy in the trees!

Main roads are OK though, just the side roads which are bad. We have freezing temperatures forecast for tonight, and it is going noticably colder now, so it might be very icy and slippery tomorrow.