counturchickens

Snow 2013

Looks like it's on it's way. At work I am the one who monitors the weather as I am the saddo who normally knows! There is a serious point though as we supply medicines to hospitals so we need people to try and get to work, so we'll be talking to people about how they can get to work safely. Otherwise planning a stay at home weekend in case it is as bad as they think.

Ooo I'll say Happy Birthday now, as I don't know exactly when it is. We are due a bit from 10pm tonight onwards. Some more tomorrow. Heavy snow on Friday early hours & light throughout the day all day Friday. Some Saturday & Sunday too. Best organise some feed for the sheep, as they won't be able to munch the grass!

Emma.x

Still plenty on the grass here in North Oxfordshire, with lots of hoar frost clinging to every available surface. The sun is out now but we're also due heavy snowfall on Friday night and through the weekend..... we'll see. If it's bad then Phil will stay put this weekend as they are quite high in the Chilterns and he daren't get snowed out again like he did two winters ago.

We have had a few flakes falling for about half and hour and it is now coming down quite steadily. Just checked Met Office website and they are still saying nothing until early hours and not heavy until 9am. I am uncertain about the children going to school tomorrow, they are at school 5 and 8 miles away respectively and have a good school coach service, but if it turns out anything like as bad as they say, then I am not sure it is worth the risk. :?

Nothing to report here yet,but its hellishly cold & very icy out,with a fair bit of snow left from the other day.

We are high & sheltered in this village....the other day it was heavily snowing here,bit raining just 10 mins drive away.

The daughter is working till 8 tomorrow evening. I worry,but the Husband seems very anxious to get put there driving with his snow chains on :?