counturchickens

Snow 2013

We haven't had any snow yet :?:D . We might get a lot or a little snow or none at all tomorrow :? Wish the weather folks would make up their minds. Bitterly cold out and the wind is evil.

I have spent the afternoon bringing in logs and coal and kindling. Searching out the snow shovels just in case. Cleaning out the Chickens and making the cube cosy. Filling up the seed and peanut feeders for the wild birds. Cleaning out and refilling the cat litter box as Rupert and Olly will not go outside in the snow. After all this preparation I bet it doesn't snow.

We've been issued a Red warning here & over the Valleys. Just read on Twitter that one of the school bus services (can't remember where) have already said they won't be running tomorrow. Some of the higher roads will be closed from 10pm tonight too.

If we do get lots of snow tonight I just hope the school decide before 8.30 that they're closing before I start trudging up the hill, dragging the toddler with me - pushchair doesn't really work in the snow

RAF Benson weather station (10mins from us!) now says heavy snow all day tomorrow (upgrade in the last hour or so from light snow!) Saturday looks to be 2 degrees here so at least some chance of a bit of a thaw then however, OH has just 'phoned to say he's on the way home from office (Bourton on the Water) and will stop at Sainsbury's to get some basics as Friday is my shopping day :roll: Due to my seige mentality we have loads of storecupboard and freezer stock :oops:

Hoping we hear from school (in the next village) before trying to get the car out - I don't mind driving in snow but I do worry about all the other drivers who just seem to think that they are still driving on a nice sunny day and don't take into account stopping distances, slippage etc! If it looks bad I will just 'phone in and say we are not risking it!

On the bright side the boys didn't get to use the plastic sleds we bought last year so all I have to do now is remember where I put them :oops: Also their new Lidl snow boots can earn their keep! :lol:

I can't work out if we're getting any or not :? . Different forecasts say different things :roll: .

Same for up here.

OH is off to Glasgow tomorrow morning taking DD and 3 others to a swimming competition. He is not sure if travelling down the A9 is a good idea if snow is forecast.

It has just started here - light,fine but very persistent snow....the road outside my house is already covered.

Looking at the forecast,I don't think my daughter should risk travelling into work today,as she doesn't finish until late & I would hate for her to get stranded so far from home :?