counturchickens

Snow 2013

Loads of snow here and aparently more to come which is nice but I want to get to my parents ....

Anyway I have 3 very happy children enough spare gloves to keep a set drying and a set on them, 7 very annoyed chickens... 1 12yr old cat who has been seen playing in the snow ??? and me wondering why I cleaned the house yesterday knowing we would all be home ... Oh and we do have a snowman just wish I had a JOhn Lewis bag for him :-)

Not surprised Birmingham airport is closed, we have an awful lot of snow! It's all banked up the doors and windows, even upstairs windows. I've just been out to check on the chickens and wild garden birds, stepped out the back in little ankle wellies and the snow went straight over the top! There must be a good six inches on the ground. Hens ran from my snow covered wellies :lol:

OH has gone into work just down the road, prepping weekend lessons, but folk are already phoning to cancel :( .

My chickens have literally refused to come out of the cube all day. We have had to feed them through the nesting box as they were starving :roll:

Mine too - I've just taken them two large bowls of warm pellet porridge with added mealy bugs, served in the Cube - just hope they don't expect that everyday!!!! :oops:

Yippe, the sky is fully of feathery snow, falling fast, I've just been out to clear a path, but really just to play in it :oops:

Shut the chickens in for the night/next few days, they are most unimpressed by the snow- unlike me! I have told OH to get the children early from school and come home, but doubt he will listen to me!

:D Can still hear aircraft flying over from Manchester, so hope the snow boarders get off ok :D

Have taken dog out - really windy and drifting snow round the athletics track - the swim comp is cancelled, only fair really as swimmers coming from all over North Midlands. OH just up from sleep after returning from LA so he will just have time to get the sledges down for the boys :wink:

Stay safe and warm everyone :D

My chickens have literally refused to come out of the cube all day. We have had to feed them through the nesting box as they were starving :roll:

Mine too - I've just taken them two large bowls of warm pellet porridge with added mealy bugs, served in the Cube - just hope they don't expect that everyday!!!! :oops:

Ditto x 2 :lol:

Well it has snowed here this afternoon but we haven't had a huge amount. I can't decide if that's good or bad :lol: I took the dog for a walk in the woods this afternoon which was lovely - so white and peaceful. However when i got back the car and looked at my reflection in the car window I looked like the abominable snowman - covered from head to toe in snow including my hair :lol:

The chooks have not been very impressed by the white stuff and I've had to go out umpteen times to defrost their drinker.

We have had about 3 inches since 6am, children's schools were both closed, only the second time in 40 years for DS's school and the other one was in 2010 :shock:

DS and YD were outside for ages attempting to built a snow Darlek but it was just too blizzard like in the end, they brought so much snow in with them when they came in :roll:

Eldest group of chickens have barely come out of their house today, but the youngsters have been out in their run looking less than impressed at their first experience of snow. So much snow has managed to low into their run despite the corrugated plastic sheets on the roof. :shock:

The cats keep asking to go out and then coming straight back in looking horrified, they have spent most of the day in front of the fire.

ED had a great time at uni in Bristol with friends on the downs this morning, they had been told by the cleaner in their halls earlier n the week that it never snows there, so they were all like excited kids today. Although one lad from another halls was taken to hospital after suffering a head injury from crashing into a building at the bottom of a slope down which he was sledging on a tray. :( I hope that he is ok.

Not surprised Birmingham airport is closed, we have an awful lot of snow! It's all banked up the doors and windows, even upstairs windows.

:shock::shock::shock: I have rather strange visions of 15 foot snowdrifts at the mo!

:lol: Must say, the foot high drift on the back bedroom windowsill looks impressive from the inside, I'm not going to attempt to open the window though :anxious: .