alligg

devastating news

I have just had the most devastating news and I am distraught.

Due to moving we had to re home our 6 beautiful girls, the guy who bought them came to collect them yesterday and after a couple of texts to him today to see how they are with no reply he finally sent me this message.

Unfortunately the hens were half breeds,I have already ordered some light Sussex hens, I have tried to re home them but ended up getting my uncle to take them to the abattoir!!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine reading that, I broke down and after trying 3 times to ring he finally answered and his first reply when I said who I was 'oh here we go' no apology no remorse nothing, had he said he did not want them I would have driven to get them and found them another home.

I feel so guilty and sorry for my ladies,I let them down ,how could I have got it so wrong.

That is awful! Why on earth didn't he say he was after pedigree chickens if yours weren't? Or even phone and ask if you wanted them back as he didn't want them anymore? Don't beat yourself up about it though as there was nothing you could have done. A lesson to us all though if we are ever in your situation in needing to rehome our girls.

That is awful! Why on earth didn't he say he was after pedigree chickens if yours weren't? Or even phone and ask if you wanted them back as he didn't want them anymore? Don't beat yourself up about it though as there was nothing you could have done. A lesson to us all though if we are ever in your situation in needing to rehome our girls.

That is the worst bit,we had a long conversation on Tues and he was saying how much of an animal lover he was and they would be well looked after and he would send me pics of them when they were settled in and he was looking forward to getting his young son involved looking after them. When I advertised them it said they were cross. My OH is away in the RAF but has called him and given him a piece of his mind. I would have gladly driven to get them if he had called. I find it hard to believe he could not have found somewhere in/around Bingley where he lives to re home them. The only thing from it is it would have been quick and they would not have suffered(hopefully) but the distress of being taken away somewhere else again leaves me cold.

I am disgusted what a piece of trash i completely agree what goes around comes around, the words that went through m mind when i tead that you poor woman. HES AN ABUSER AND A :evil: PREDITOR aiming at you anzd ytour girls like that i hope your ok and like the others said its so not ypour fault aww take carep all my love :( xx

:shock::(

I'm so sorry.

Maybe I've misunderstood but if he only collected them on Thursdays how could he possibly claim to have tried to rehome them. :twisted: How can he claim to be animal lover if he will only spend 1 day (if that) trying to rehome them before he gives up! For that matter why did he not say they were not what he wanted when he collected them. I agree with laurmuff, he was only after the run/coop. I hope your OH read him the riot act.

Please don't blame yourself, this guy is a lying .... so and so (can't say what I think here)

If you could face it, tell him you want the run/coop back on the grounds he bought it on false pretences.

N

I'm very sorry to read about what has happened.

Sadly there are some rotten people in the world and he is obviously one of them.

At least your chickens you gave him have been saved from living with him.

I hope the chickens he replaces them with peck him and never lay him any eggs.

I am so sorry for what you've had to go through due to that uncaring idiot. You thought you had found a loving home for your girls, this was not your fault and you could not have foreseen this.

I also echo the comment above that at least they don't have to live with this poor excuse for a human being now.

I am a great believer in fate, karma, call it what you will, and what goes around comes around...

Sending hugs

Xx

Oh my lordy. I can't express how awful I think that was. What an absolute git.

I know you're devastated about your girls but this says more about him than it does about you. Please don't blame yourself - he clearly had you duped as I'm sure you felt you were doing the right thing and you trusted him. He is bad news if that's how he conducts himself and doesn't deserve to have your girls anyway. He will one day get what he deserves.