chickencam

Proud parent moment :)

My DS who really struggled in his early schooling has just got 4 A's at AS with 100% in one of his papers. He had several years of speech therapy and his handwriting is still awful. A teacher with a son who had similar problems suggested that he used a laptop for his work and some exams when he was in year 9 and this made all the difference.

We are so proud of him. :D

Well done to your son! especially rewarding when it was a difficult start

My ES got 3 A's and a B. My father (to whom he was very close) died very unexpectedly the Sat before his exams started so in the circumstances I'm very pleased. But he is disappointed by the B. I'm working from home today as I knew I would be emotional today. My dad was the first person my son rang with his GCSE results and dad was so proud I am so sad he isn't here to share these results.

Congratulations to Chickencams son and Patricias son, sorry too for your losses of loved ones. I am sure they know and are watching proudly over their lovely grandsons.

ES got 3A's and and a B. He was so stressed he didnt have breakfast which is a first :shock: as hes normally found with head in a fridge or cupboard.

Chickencam well done to your son. He has done so well after experiencing difficulties to start with. 100% :shock: that is something to be proud of.

Patricia well done to your son too, it is sad when grandparents or parents are no longer here to celebrate successes.

The feelings I experienced when the A level envelope came through the letter box is one of those events that I will never forget :D

Chrissie

Well done to all :dance:

My ES struggled in his early school, but has really come into his own at his secondary school, his dyslexia isn't seen as an obstacle anymore. I am heartened by the comments Chickencam made, as he is extremely motivated and hard working, he is getting A and B grade in Y8 and 9. I just worry for his brother who will be taking the 'new' O' level style exams, which really won't suit him.

It is a worrying time for all concerned, congratulations to everyone today!

Thank you for all of your kind comments, it is heartening to know that success can come despite adversity.

So sorry to hear of the sad news received by some of you recently, my ED took her A levels under the shadow of her Great Grandad's illness last year and he passed away just a week after her leaving for uni.

We went out for lunch to our favourite local pub, and DS had fish and chips followed by a cream cake, he has been looking like the cat that got the cream too all day. :D

Well done to all those with results today and good luck to the GCSE brigade for next week. My older two haven't left much room for their little sister for two years time, poor kid. They have however shown her that hard work gets results so hopefully she will take that and run with it.

Congratulations. You should take some of the praise too.

Good luck with all his plans.

:clap:

Thought people would enjoy this that I saw yesterday.

link

Can't get link to work. It's on BBC magazine page and called A level day. 10 mistakes parents make reacting to results. It's quite funny and true.

I read it and found it really interesting. Have logged it for future use :D

linkydink :D

Well done to you all who have exam success. I was a proud parent in my time , so know how you all feel.

I would like to share with you a scene i observed yesterday whilst out shopping.

A very pretty young woman was shopping with her Nan at our local retail outlet ( looking for shoes ofcourse )

Her Nan was trying to be helpful with finding colourful strappy shoes but the girl wasn't really paying attention .She was looking anxious . She had her mobile phone , which was clasped very tightly in her hand and she really did look as if she were willing it to ring.

It did ring and she answered it at ultra speed. She listened intently and said " Yes thats right 3 B's and a C, is it enough ? can i still come ? " I don't know what the reply was but her face lit up and she whooped with joy and danced around the shop. Her Nan became very cross and told her to calm down." Couldn't it wait till tomorrow when your at home ? " she asked

"No Nan it is too important . I can go they will accept my 3 B's. I'm going, I'm going."

Her Nan was so cross she practically marched her from the shop.

I felt really happy for her, all that study and hard work, for results that might have meant she would have to try and go through clearing which might have resulted in a change of career or none at all . Obviously her Nan who wasn't much older than myself hadn't gone down the exam route or college or even uni in her lifes' choices, or she would have know how she was feeling . I did, so i knew how anxious this girl must have felt from getting her results that morning to worrying all day.

So to all of you Congratulations.