Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

Beautiful photos. Magical. I was in Trier a couple of weeks ago and there were lots of school groups. I was trying first to decide if any were speaking Dutch and then checking out the teachers to see if any looked like you which is pretty pointless as I don't know what you look like although I think you're blonde and shorter than me so I was mainly looking at teachers who filled that description. I did consider saying 'cattails' as I passed but then thought I was being altogether creepy and gave up on the project and went to a nice pub I've found for pretzel 🥨 and beer 🍻

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mullethunter said:

Love the mushrooms - especially the fly agaric. I went of a fungi foraging course yesterday and am inspired to get out hunting now!

SO.MANY.MUSHROOMS.

I have had a mushroom overload!

F1CE0A48-5690-4DF3-B802-FA6FEBF7CC77.jpeg

A8B9DB6A-346F-4418-BDBA-CBDF62DFBF69.jpeg

C433B0AB-A6A1-4588-8F4F-6ABA9F261877.jpeg

9C85D28D-E195-4618-AAAD-9253005E953A.jpeg

1 hour ago, patsylabrador said:

Beautiful photos. Magical. I was in Trier a couple of weeks ago and there were lots of school groups. I was trying first to decide if any were speaking Dutch and then checking out the teachers to see if any looked like you which is pretty pointless as I don't know what you look like although I think you're blonde and shorter than me so I was mainly looking at teachers who filled that description. I did consider saying 'cattails' as I passed but then thought I was being altogether creepy and gave up on the project and went to a nice pub I've found for pretzel 🥨 and beer 🍻

Could have been easily me in a previous job! My previous school does visit Trier round about this time, but have to say it did spoil it for me. The travel agent lady did mention Trier, but I said I hate Trier, because of all the school trips. Not quite fair to the village as it is quite nice, but tooooo many *****ty guided tours...

I will visit London in January/February with my current work though! I will look out for a lady, taller than me! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

😎  What a game, we outplayed them in every department I think.  I never thought I'd see the day!  Our NZ friend did say months ago that their squad wasn't as good as previous ones, I guess they are in a rebuilding phase.  Never mind, we thoroughly deserved our win by closing them down and not allowing that lovely free flowing rugby we expect from NZ.

Now I am half Welsh, so will be shouting for Wales tomorrow!

Enjoy the final, it will be extra special for you! Japan has hosted a knockout tournament, and the way they play, they are a joy to watch and it won't be long before they are in the final!

• Like 1

Oh dear, when it comes to rugby we are a divided family. One son in law is Kiwi so we were hoping Ireland would win. Poor son in law flew to Japan to see his team thrashed by England, who is daughter is cheering on despite being Kiwi/ Irish descent. Other son in law is Welsh , they were playing against S Africa , from where my two foster children are from. So mixed emotions in this house .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Photo taken on the beach just below Elizabeth Castle, Jersey on 31st October. Stony beach full of hundreds of oyster catchers..........and one brown hen! It's a big jump down and I hastened off to tell the castle guardian/custodian who was a little worried about getting his girl home again! We couldn't believe our eyes - a CHICKEN amidst a beach full of seabirds but there she was, bless her!

Have wings, will travel. 

P1070595.JPG

P1070596.JPG

• Like 2

On 11/2/2019 at 1:19 PM, soapdragon said:

A very big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Luvachicken! Hope you are having a great day and being spoiled rotten esp as it's a 'milestone' one....welcome to the club!

9 hours ago, mullethunter said:

Happy late birthday Luvachicken 🍾🎊🎉

Hmmm, I think I need to check my profile, my birthday is in February, but thanks for the wishes anyway, they made my day 😊

• Haha 1