Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

On 6/29/2019 at 11:18 AM, patsylabrador said:

I have a great little camera. It's small enough to fit in a pocket but has a x30 optical zoom. I take it everywhere I go just in case, even just to sit in the garden. 

Would you be able to tell me what camera you have ?

I have quite a big, old Lumix but it only has x12 zoom.

• Like 1

India 99 was circling low over the back gardens this morning and caused utter chaos. One of the chickens was asleep but woke up with a start and ran squawking to nowhere in particular. The crows, magpies and seagulls all set off as well. Not sure about the sparrows and starlings because they're always noisy. I hope they caught their man. The chickens complained the entire time they were overhead. 

It was unusual for such a reaction from everything. The rotor blades were reverberating louder than usual. Maybe an atmospheric thing? It definitely disturbed a lot of birds. It was hovering directly above us very low so maybe birds could feel something we can't. 

Edited by patsylabrador

We get chinooks from RAF Benson over us on a regular basis, depending on the flight path rota and they make the most horrible, clattery noise. Our back door shakes! We also have the Martin-Baker ejector seat people based at the small airfield at the end of our lane (as well as some smaller RAF helicopters and planes from there). Not too bad during the day (although sometimes they are so low you could ask what they'd had for breakfast) but a pain when the chinooks are night flying. 

• Like 1

We've had a few apaches and the odd chinook here, I miss the big birds - and I quite liked listening to the thoopthoopthoop of the blades late at night - even if the windows did rattle.  But when they stopped having pumas, the hercules stopped coming and I really loved those engines.  Last night was very loud baaaaaing from across the other side of the hill.  A different sound to get used to.

• Like 1

Hello all, long time no speak. Glad to see that there are still plenty of familiar people still here.

i still have 7 ladies ranging in age from 1-5. Only the 2 of us at home most of the time now so eating all the eggs is too much so I have a charity box at work for excess. Have raised £40 so far 😊.

i will have to familiarize myself with the new layout and do some catching up on here.

Any summaries of major news from the past couple of years would be most welcome.

I’m done with active treatment for my Breast Cancer now and hopefully will remain well. Had a tough 18 months during which I lost my dad to cancer and had various elderly relative drama. Overall life is now good 😊🤞

hope all is well with you all xx

• Like 1