Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

I managed to watch all seven matches and the opening ceremony over the weekend. Saturday's matches started at 05:45 and Sunday's at 06:00 so they were strange days. My favourite was England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs Tonga 🇹🇴 which was great entertainment and my least favourite was Ireland 🇮🇪 vs Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 which felt like it would never end. I really admire teams like Namibia 🇳🇦 who aren't professional but still got three tries against Italy 🇮🇹 which is. One of the Namibian players was a giant of a man with a battered face and a bushy beard who is a dentist in real life. 

😂🤣 The doctor told me it could take up to 6 weeks to heal. It’ll be three weeks on Friday. The pain is much less than it was last week - I can roll over in bed without swearing now - so I’m thinking that I’ll probably be doing some bits and pieces this weekend (painting the skirting boards maybe) and then probably starting to do a bit of outdoors work at work next week and then hopefully easing back into yoga and normal life in 2 weeks. Really can’t come soon enough! I’m really not good at doing nothing!

I shouldn’t be complaining - a lot of people have much worse things to contend with!

My mum and I went to an open day at a local countryside store where a breeder from Devon was supposed to be selling some pullets. I’d decided not to go as I don’t really NEED anymore chickens - I have 9. But then this morning OH pointed out that after my birthday shopping last year I’d had 11 for a while and that he’d buy me two for my birthday this year, so I decided at the last minute I would go as there would be barnevelder bantams and I’d love some of them. Then when we got  there we discovered that the breeder hadn’t come because of the weather!!!! Sulking now 😤

😲  Oh my goodness!  This weather is crazy!  Been watching it today on radar - for once it's not quite as bad today which is fortunate because the ground is saturated - and no doubt heading for the Somerset Levels!

Glad you are upstairs!  But has there been much damage and do you still have services - I'm guessing flushing the toilet is out of the question!

Yes, we're slightly higher than the houses on the other side of the road. The water came closer than I've ever known it but we're high and dry. We lie between two streams that flood regularly and the local water board works endlessly trying to solve it but this time it's worse. The fire brigade is still out there pumping the road. 

• Like 1

OH and I were just discussing the flooding and saying we'd never know it so bad as the last couple of years. Wonder if it's climate change or lack of maintainance? We certainly used to have drain cleaning lorries out round our way but, thinking about it, haven't seen any for ages so maybe the cost cutting has resulted in this?

We've had lots of rain here and a rather wonderful thunder storm. But the ground is now saturated and won't take much more. I'm going to pop round to the village first thing and see how far the brook that runs through the High Street has risen.

Hope you all manage to stay safe and dry, peeps.

1 hour ago, mullethunter said:

Some of my birthday presents - a bit of a theme! And best of all, an IOU for actual chickens!!! (sorry Cattails for our very poor appropriation of the Dutch language 🤣)

B70CDD89-75AF-4A3C-90D4-F70DAA3491A2.jpeg

Hahahaha! Well not sure what you’ll be getting now! Kips is a famous Dutch brand of sausage! 😂 (plural of kip is kippen 😉)

Happy birthday!

• Haha 1

I'm waiting for a DPD delivery this morning and am so impressed with them! I got an e mail from Hawkins Bazzar to say that the parcel was on it's way with Alex and I now have a little map available on screen so that I can follow Alex's progress around the village until he/she makes it to my door. How efficient is that :dance:?!